HELP I really need Info about the Oceanic Tour BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I choose the Tour because of the weight integration and the back-inflate (I am pudgy in the middle).

There are plenty of adjustments for the arms, the cumberbund, and for the shoulder height, but a top tank band is missing. I don't like the pockets however - they are zippers instead of velcro and when I open them the zipper goes all the way back and it's sometimes hard to get them closed when fully geared and at depth.

The back inflate sometimes traps air in funny places when ascending and I find myself using the second deflate mechanism at the bottom of the BC often - even after having done "the lean".

All in all though - it's an extremely comfortable BC and seems well constructed (I've only had mine for a year).

BTW - you need to get the weight pockets seperately - be sure to get the exact ones you need as not all Oceanic's weight pockets are the same size.

I ended up buying three of these BCs, we have done 2 dives with them, and so far so good. ZBOSS was right on with the problems, small zippered pockets, and lack of a top tank band. But these are both acceptable.

I was pleasantly surprized to find pockets for 10 lbs of non-dumpable weight in the back, so including the dumpable the BC gives me up to 30lbs on the BC.

Thanks to pchelp and zboss for your responses.

RJ

RJ,
If I get you right, Oceanic is coming out with a light weight travel bcd. called the "Biolyte" Can't find it because it has not been released. Saw it in a photo at the DEMA show. I bought my 11 year old stepson an Oceanic balance, back inflated and he loves it! You can get the intergrated weghts system as an option. Check it out.

I hope I was of some help.

Leon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom