Help identifying Oceanic regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is a hookah setup an option? eg availability of power

That’s a great idea! I looked into those portable systems a few years ago but they seemed very expensive ($$$$). I imagine the technology has improved a lot since then, hopefully affordability too. That kind of setup would be awesome, I’ll look into it again, maybe the time is right. My only other concern was how loud they are... I don’t think anyone at a beach or lakeside would appreciate the sound of an air compressor running nearby, haha.

My plan was to help a friend who recovers people’s lost jewelry for them. The water is often pretty shallow, sometimes you could almost stand up, but scuba gear is still needed to keep your head and hands near the bottom. If we’re only going to a max depth of 10 feet or so (which I easily surpass without scuba gear), maybe I’ll just use these regulators without servicing, if I’m always just a few seconds from the surface. Hopefully that’s not a crazy dangerous idea?

Not a crazy idea at all if the regulator is working now with no issues. If it ain't broke, leave it alone.
See this thread for a checklist.
Regulator Inspection and Checklist (Rev-8)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom