Help me book flights to Sorong

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks. I dont think I will make it to Raja Ampat this year. Instead we are going to Wakatobi in October. There were a few flights and all them were crazy.
One Option
JFK-->HKG-->DPS
Second
JFK-->NRT-->DPS

It seems that no matter what you do, you have to fly to Bali first. The entire time for the trip is almost 25 hours. guaaaa guaaaa...

Does anybody know why Cathay Pacific has all the flights from Hong Kong into Bali full for October?? Is anything happening in Bali in October to cause this?

Wakatobi over Raja Ampat?:shakehead:....Hmmm I'd think that over.

Yep Have to agree it is chalk and cheese with Raja being the cheese absolutely nothing similar in the dive locations....

Of course something happening Bali...always something happening but you are coming in High Season.....:D

Book flights soon as the domestic market (for airline flights) are having difficulty in getting flights in/out of Bali especially since one of the Carriers Adam Air stopped operating.

What!!!?? You guys dont recommend Wakatobi??? Originally I wanted Raja Ampat.. but I encountered a few issues first getting there and second finding the right liveaboard to take for those days...

Now I am getting concerned...how is the diving in Wakatobi compared to let's say Thailand, Palau??

What!!!?? You guys dont recommend Wakatobi??? Originally I wanted Raja Ampat.. but I encountered a few issues first getting there and second finding the right liveaboard to take for those days...

Now I am getting concerned...how is the diving in Wakatobi compared to let's say Thailand, Palau??

Wakatobi....if you like Pigmy seahorses, pretty corals and nudis....bring a Big Camera not much else to see....great operation...My trip report is posted Oct 07

Palau....never thought I would ever find anything better on this planet...until I did Raja Ampat Sorido resort....Again trip report posted in Jan 08....going back in Oct.

Thailand...never been as to the majority of people I have talked to do not care for it as it has been overfished. But the country is wonderful.

My 2 psi

Palau....never thought I would ever find anything better on this planet...until I did Raja Ampat Sorido resort....Again trip report posted in Jan 08....going back in Oct.
My 2 psi

I think the same way!!. Nothing better than Palau!!!!... Thailand is pretty awesome too... Similan Island was excellent...

Well it's too late. I already book the flights and the resort for Wakatobi.. I wonder if I could squeeze Raja Ampat after Wakatobi.. Arrggg....

If you cannot make it to Raja or Lembeh. I like the diving in Bali (actually much better than Wakatobi) or a great place to go is East Timor.

Yep Wakatobi a great operation.....Diving well ....great house reef, lots of walls, corals and nudis, one or two sites when they are working have some medium sized stuff on them (jacks, etc)...
Bali diving a far better range plus October is right at the height of the Mola Mola Season..

Thailand too over done......

Palau great but prefer Bali because better diversity

I agree the premium dive destination is Raja Ampat, never been to Palau (and would like to check it out) But have spent the last 15 years diving all over Asia. With regards to flights I believe Air Asia is now doing flights from KL to Manado... this is a good budget option. Or for the easiest option is to fly via Jakarta and then onto Sorong, you do have to overnight in Jakarta but you can stay in a hotel nearby (get a decent nights sleep and recover from your journey) then early doors the next morning carry onto Sorong.

I have just come back from Misool Eco Resort and it blew my socks off... phenominal

Air Asia dropped Manado a year or so ago.

Easiest/least risk route is Jakarta-Sorong, but pick a flight with large aircraft (not one of the smaller ones that tend to leave bags behind because of weight).

Sorry to hear you passed on Raja Ampat this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom