Help me choose a coldwater wetsuit, need advice ASAP :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great News Goat! and to think there is so many people who dont like to buy online. I dont understand it did you do the happy dance? :D

If you haven't bought your suit yet, here's my 2 cents. I've been researching semi dry suits all week (I'm laid up recovering from a hernia operation) and have concluded the following...

A semi dry suit will probably keep you warmer than a hyperstretch (superstretch, whatever) of the same thickness. Also, the Henderson hyperstretch/gold core suits require special care and I believe that all suits of this type require special care. You will probably get the most bang for your buck if you go with a 2 piece (Farmer John and shorty Jacket) semi dry. A 2 piece will keep you generally warmer whn cold water diving and you can use just the jacket or FJ's for warmer water diving. Some suits have optional ziperred hoods but I would forego that option so that you can decide on your own cold water accessories. Some decent suits that I've come across are Harvey's 7mm Mens Dri-Flex Neoprene 2 piece suit ($254.95 @ LeisurePro) and the Henderson Gold Core Step-in (a bit pricy at $424.95 @ LeisurePro) and Harvey's 7.0mm Sim-dry Titanium Toaster ($388 @ divers emporium). You might want to check out Aquaflite's semi-dry suits as well at www.aquaflite.com. These suits are a bit pricy but from all the independent reviews I've read, they will keep you quite warm. Just my 2 cents.

~The sea takes what the wars give her, a respectful diver takes only pictures.
Happy and Safe Diving!
Adam

Hi peepS...i'm currently diving in the tropical region and i have a 3mm S Tek wetsuit.. I will be furthering my studies at the end of this yr in UK and i hope to dive there too.. Therefore, can i check if i can wear a double wetsuit 1 3mm inside, perhaps another 5mm or even 7mm outside.. is it ok? Or do i have to purchase a wetsuit? I should be diving In newcastle Upon tyne

I did a cold water (38 dgrees) dive today in a 3 mil Henderson with matching 3 mil boots and reef gloves with no problems. Was in the water approx. 20 minutes due to sucking some air at 90 ft. No warmth problems until it was time to get out of the water (air temp 20 degrees).

Wow, all these post and no-one mentioned the best suit of all............sorry you didn't get the Xcel, when you get cold remember these words "Titanium Polar Quad Density".

http://www.xcelwetsuits.com/home.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom