Help me choose some new gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you are active in a PSD group, then I would call Dive Right in Scuba and talk to them. The equipment is identical, just a bit cheaper I believe. For doubles, the DST first stage is also actually better for hose routing than the other first stages they make. Don't discount sidemount yet, but luckily all of the regulators will be compatible.

DRiS will help create a package for you with what you want and need, they also teach a lot of PSD courses, so they have a lot of experience with what will work for you.

Ive got a LDS that I get some good deals at for my equipment. I just wanted to get some opinions on here from some people who may have first hand experience with some of the items in question.

I'd still call DRiS to see what they are able to do, if anything it will be a sanity check against your LDS....

For doubles, the DST first stage is also actually better for hose routing than the other first stages they make.

Its stable mates FSR and FST(latest model on both) can also accommodate the 5th port.

Ok after reading some other OTS post would plumbing in a pony tank with a bail out valve be a more viable option that have a octopus with the or both so I have a back up for buddy breathing as well if I ever needed it?

Pony tank is always preferable to a single first stage as first stage failure is the most common regulator failure during the dive and is the reason technical divers recommend H-valves or all out doubles. An AL30 or AL40 mounted on your tank or slung would be much preferred. The odds of your FFM failing are much smaller than the odds of your first stage failing, so having a backup first stage is probably a bit more important. It also gives you a non-accessible source of gas should you fail to pay attention to your SPG which is quite common with new FFM divers as your gas consumption will be considerably higher than it is on a normal second stage.

It is considerably more expensive, especially if you go the route with Apeks, most of the cost is in the first stages, and you would have to get a second SPG etc, but it would be the safer way of diving.

Being new to FFM and Pony bottles what is needed to have one plumbed into your FFM?
I've got a spare pressure gauge around so that's one less expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom