Help me figure out what to order?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have not seen them in person, but I have heard other people talk about them that really like them. One of the positive things I have heard is that they are a little smaller than the Viking rings. Honestly for me though I do nto think I could do much smaller. It already takes me a little pushing to get my hands through the rings. As long as they are not to small for your hands I am sure that they would work just fine.

Phil

That could pose a problem then, I'm about 6 foot 3, 240 pounds or so, with hands to match. Ah well, I guess when I get the suit, I'll take it down to the shop that has the DC cuffs in stock and check them out.

Jimmer, Congrats!!! Welcome to the fun! I dove mine this weekend, sadly without tech skin, and loved it. Water was mid 40s, I used an XS scuba dry glove(neoprene) and was extremely happy with warmth and dexterity. I wore the MK3, but Im a skinny 6'3" and loved the extra warmth...for you I would start with the MK2 and like you said, layer up.

The 2xl/3xls are available with about a 5-7 day build time. If you get the socks, make sure you wear either one UNDER your suit. A couple reasons, if the neo sock gets wet, it cant keep you warm as your warmth is in the suit so it cant act like a wetsuit and retain the heat...its warmer under your suit keeping all the heat in. Plus, it helps prevent the squeeze on your feet by keeping the bi-lam material out of your feet. If its on the outside of your suit, the bilam will still squeeze your feet and actually be even tighter due to the tight neoprene:wink:..

Congrats again and if you or your local shop have any questions, dont hesitate to call or have them call me. I would rather make sure its all taken care of right and you get the right stuff vs. having them make a mistake the first time around or overlook something:wink:

Hi Mike, thanks for the advice and the offer of help. Like I said this will be the first Fusion my shop has through the doors, so it'll be a slight learning experience, since this is so different from other drysuits out there. I'm looking forward to it. I also have a feeling I'll be the only diver in my Intro to Tech class with one of these, should be fun. I'm hoping to have my order in within the next week or so, and will hopefully have the suit by the end of the month.

Jim

Im also going to make a video for puttin the suit on when my tech skin comes in later next week or early the next week. THis will help for people to see how the best way to put it on the suit and zip the zippers.....just waiting so people can also see the tech skin and movement....Hmmmm maybe I will do one with lycra and one with tech skin...Might have a video for all tomorrow :D

Again, dont hesitate to ask....I would rather help than sit and not be utilized and hear later that something is off :wink:

I'd love to see some video with the tech skin -- Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the demo day that was here recently, and I have yet to see one.

Its shipping to me on the 11th :wink:

Mike, after you get it and get a few dives on it please post a review of it. I am thinking more and more about just getting the black instead of waiting to see the orange. I just want to hear some honest reviews about the performance of it, as far as how the pockets feel with stuff in them. All that good jazz...

For the record at Mermet when the Vis was near Zero I bumped into a jagged cut up wing of a 727 with my Lycra skin. I felt it catch and pull the material but it did not cut or rip it. I thought for sure that after I got out of the water I was going to see a hole in the lycra.

Have a great day

Phil

Mike, after you get it and get a few dives on it please post a review of it. I am thinking more and more about just getting the black instead of waiting to see the orange. I just want to hear some honest reviews about the performance of it, as far as how the pockets feel with stuff in them. All that good jazz...

For the record at Mermet when the Vis was near Zero I bumped into a jagged cut up wing of a 727 with my Lycra skin. I felt it catch and pull the material but it did not cut or rip it. I thought for sure that after I got out of the water I was going to see a hole in the lycra.

Have a great day

Phil

Well, I was already typing a message and UPS came, I have a L/XL Tech skin....video shortly :D

I just so happened to be there the same weekend, Phil, I even found one of those golf balls they threw out, found it Sunday....with the less than 2ft viz, I was constantly bumping into and snagging things, even while going thru the plane....Not even a snag :wink:

Im going to put the skin on my suit right now and get set up for a video to post.....

Socks...I am not sure where you are getting your suit, but socks come with the package. I recommend the neoprene socks and wear them on the outside of your dry suit. Wear a wool sock inside. I found my feet stayed a lot warmer. It also allowed me to slip the boots on and off much easier.

Boots...EVOs give much more support but they will take longer to get on and off.

Gloves...I would get the 5mm heat glove. Summer is coming and you can decide what to do about drygloves once you have been diving for a while in the suit.

Hood...The Whites heat hood is very comfortable. I just got one and it makes a big difference. Get the hood 1 size smaller than you would normally get. I would try on a couple of different sizes to make sure you get the right one. I normally would dive a medium, and I have a small. I had a guy would would get XXL, and he got a large. You don't want a bubble on top of your head.

I would go with the MK2 and jacket. I have found that zipping off the sleeves on the MK2 jacket and wearing it with the MK2 works pretty well. It all depends how cold your water is. If year round you are colder than 45 degrees, then get the MK3. If it is closer to 50 in the summer and low 40's in the winter, you may be just fine with the MK2, but plan on layering.

Congrats on your new suit.

What She said!

Alright well the suit has been officially ordered now, White's told us they'd begin building it on Monday and should be shipping on Friday of next week. That should be JUST in time for me to have it for my pool sessions for Intro to Tech!!

Back
Top Bottom