Help me make a decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, here is your chance to help me! LOL! I need to know what to do over the Memorial Day weekend. I can either go to the NSS-CDS workshop and then do a couple of dives at Peacock Springs, or I can go with a group of friends to dive the gulf about an hour south of tampa and get about 12-15 dives in over the 4 days. Ugh. :confused: Please Help!!!!!!!

What would you do?

Originally posted by Big James

What would you do?

I'd do the workshop.
having a bunch of logged dives doesn't make a knowledgable diver.
Take all the help you can get,
Knowledge and experience will serve you better in the long run than just a bunch of logged dives.

I am not worried about the number of logged dives. It is just that I could spend more time in the water in Tampa. I like ot spend as much time in the water as possible, but I see your point. I wish I could do both!

Education is the key though.

Start in Gainesville, attend the workshop, get to meet me in person too, do some night time cave dives at Ginnie. Leave sunday morning to go to tampa (its just straight down I-75) and dive Sunday afternoon and Monday in Tampa area and head back to GA on Sunday night.

I see Big Jim is playing Devil Advocate here. :D

Wendy has a good idea. I wonder if I can sneak both into the weekend. Hmm.

Sign up for the workshop - blow it off - and go cave diving. Two advantages to this approach - first, you get the free t-shirt and second, you can cave dive while everybody else is at the workshop. Trying to schedule things where I can get down there that weekend.
BTW, I heard you got to see our training video the other day (Little River - BF, JE and me).

LOL. Good one Jim. Sounds like another good plan. Free t-shirts are always nice.

Yeah, I saw the video. It was pretty cool. Having never been in Little River, it was cool to watch. You must have talked to BF.

Back
Top Bottom