help me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK, thought maybe some of you would poke your heads into the main Asia forum but you must be having too much fun here LOL!

I'll be flying through HK airport in a couple of weeks and it just dawned on me that I won't be able to access the Qantas Lounge as my flight is a CX instead of a QF! So I am looking at The Traveller's Lounge at the airport as a place to relax away from the masses, have a hot shower and maybe a bite to eat.

It looks reasonable - $40US for 5 hours...

Has anyone been in there? Is it busy? Noisy? How is the nap area? What is on the buffet? Are there lots of kids in there? They say they have a "secure luggage area" - does this mean I can ditch my carryon and wander the airport with just the essentials?

Might seem silly but is there a book store with a good selection of English books? The Tokyo airport doesn't have much in English and I've never been through HK so don't know if they are the same.

Tell me all :D

Or is the airport so cool that I will want to spend my time wandering around looking at stuff? How's the shopping inside the airport?

Actually its a nice airport! lots of stores, all english books and stuff no problem. starbucks etc

But it is busy and can be noisy.

But i haven't been to the Hotel, i am cheap so just hang around the main concourse.. haha

i love the airport, its distinctly hk:) lots of last minute shopping for hk tourists. its actually pretty cool but can get pretty noisy and crowded. havent needed to use the private lounge since im like there for a max of 2-3 hrs.

I've gone through it several times but it's been a few years since the last time. I didn't think my comments would be much help.

if you like an exercise. go end to tend !

that airport is tiring... and lots of shops indeed

alcina, how long are you staying in chek lap for? If you're there for 5 hours, sure take the lounge.

It is busy and noisy in most places but like I said, there are also places you can find that will be secluded.

There is shopping there but it's VERY expensive. If you like gadgets, then there's lots of that. There's also english books, so no worries on that. If you can, try going outside of the secure area cause there are lots of shops outside as well that you can check out. You can leave your luggage in the secure area, but it will cost you depending how long you leave it there.

The longest I've been there is 4 hours. I could have gone to disney land instead of wait around. :)

edit: and ya, the airport is pretty cool. If I have energy I'd usually go around.

OK, so
- no serious shopping, wait for the US :wink:
- take the lounge, it's only $40 and a nice respite
- have a look around the rest of the airport as it's pretty neat

Any of the restaurants or food courts worthwhile or just normal airport food? The lounge has a buffet all day, I guess, but have no idea what's on it...

Back
Top Bottom