Help! Need a hotel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

L&L is a local kind of fast food chain. You can get chicken katsu or teriaki chicken...that kind of stuff with a scoop of rice and a scoop of mac salad. A year or two ago they put one up in Waikiki.
The burger place alcina is taking about is called Teddies....famous for their burgers - across from the Honolulu Zoo at the end of the hotel strip.
You extended to Saturday, right? If you're lucky there will be "Movie on the Beach" that day - great way to kill time if you have the red eye off the Island:wink:

Hey ScubaMickey - sounds like you have your lodging setup already but if not, here is another option to consider. I will be checking into a condo tonight (yeh - travel day is finally here!) at a complex called "The Rosalei" - unit #412.

Supposedly it is closer to 3+ star quality - I will know more later today. Our cost for 7 nights, including free parking which seems to be a big plus in the Waikiki area, is only $625 which includes tax.

Since I will be travelling most of today and will only have limited access to a computer and the internet (if at all), I may not be able to read or write any more SB posts until I return to the working world on March 9th.

When I return, I will post a trip report.

Ray

You might also check out http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/hawaii for some inexpensive places to stay, I know a couple other SB members who have gotten rooms through this site and enjoyed a much longer stay here.

Aloha, Tim

justleesa:
L&L is a local kind of fast food chain. You can get chicken katsu or teriaki chicken...that kind of stuff with a scoop of rice and a scoop of mac salad. A year or two ago they put one up in Waikiki.
The burger place alcina is taking about is called Teddies....famous for their burgers - across from the Honolulu Zoo at the end of the hotel strip.
You extended to Saturday, right? If you're lucky there will be "Movie on the Beach" that day - great way to kill time if you have the red eye off the Island:wink:

Thanks. It turns out I waited a little too long to try to change those tickets (beyond the 24hrs) and the change fee went up to $125 per ticket. So, I'm still leaving Friday night. I'll be there for the fireworks, though, since the flight doesn't leave until midnight.

I plan to head to the airport around 10 PM. Is that too much time for a midnight flight or just right? Here in Anchorage I usually don't arrive at the airport until at most 90 mins prior. Faster security lines for those of us who are MVP Golds :wink:

My secretary chose for me :D

We're staying at the Waikiki Gateway. My boss is happy because he was going to pay for 4 star hotel but I am being cheap since 3 of those days are coming out of my pocket.

Actually, all I really need is a hammock on the beach :D

Thank you all so much!!!

just had someone dive with us that stayed at the gateway...she said she wasn't thrilled with the buffet...hope that is just her point of view :(

Hawaii Divers Org:
Look for place to SLEEP check out the Hostiles they offer cheap and most are clean....
That way you can eat something not out of a CUP....

Hostiles?

Do you mean Hostels?

Thanks

Just don't follow anyone into an old factory- (like the guy did in the movie Hostel).

Plate lunch anywhere on the island is cheap. I get a mini and it is plenty for me. Keneke's is my favorite (Waiamanalo). You can get a plate lunch for $5 -$6 and a mini (one scoop of rice, one scoop of mac salad and your meat) for $4-$5. I just might go to L&L for lunch now. Teri Beef----mmmmmmmm

Can't help you with the cheap place to stay, but lots of good food here!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom