Help! Need a hotel!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ch0ppersrule:
Just don't follow anyone into an old factory- (like the guy did in the movie Hostel).

Plate lunch anywhere on the island is cheap. I get a mini and it is plenty for me. Keneke's is my favorite (Waiamanalo). You can get a plate lunch for $5 -$6 and a mini (one scoop of rice, one scoop of mac salad and your meat) for $4-$5. I just might go to L&L for lunch now. Teri Beef----mmmmmmmm

Can't help you with the cheap place to stay, but lots of good food here!!!!
But that gets boring after 2 times, so you goto other places. There are a few good Greek places on the island and burgers at Teddys and one or two decent mexican places.

Cholos on North Shore is my favorite Mexican food. Lots of good places to eat, but if you are on a tight budget and need to buy cheap food then the plate lunch is the way to go. I haven't eaten at Palamino's yet, but I am looking forward to Wednesdays luncheon. I love trying new places. Oh- we go to Dirty Lickin's in Aiea once a week. They have the best hot wings. You can get a 4 piece wings, french fries and drink for $4.50. or an 8 piece with everything else for $6.75. They have the best sauce and it is very addicting.

ch0ppersrule:
Cholos on North Shore is my favorite Mexican food. Lots of good places to eat, but if you are on a tight budget and need to buy cheap food then the plate lunch is the way to go. I haven't eaten at Palamino's yet, but I am looking forward to Wednesdays luncheon. I love trying new places. Oh- we go to Dirty Lickin's in Aiea once a week. They have the best hot wings. You can get a 4 piece wings, french fries and drink for $4.50. or an 8 piece with everything else for $6.75. They have the best sauce and it is very addicting.
Cholos is just okay, I am hard to please with mexican food since I am from So Cal and Colorado. There are a few good places though.

ch0ppersrule:
Oh- we go to Dirty Lickin's in Aiea once a week. They have the best hot wings. You can get a 4 piece wings, french fries and drink for $4.50. or an 8 piece with everything else for $6.75. They have the best sauce and it is very addicting.

Where in Aiea is that? I live in Aiea and I've never heard of it. Of course, I don't go out to eat much 'cause I'm cheap.

It is on Aiea Heights (street, road, drive??). There is a 3 level shopping mall/area (not really a mall) and it is on the top level where the bowling alley is. Does that help or not really? If you are at the stop light there is a gas station to your right, gas station across the street to the right, library across the street to the left (down just a little) and a small shopping strip on the left (this is of course coming from Hickam). If you stay going straight on the road to where all the landmarks are- you will eventually run into the Mall. Well, anyways- turn right between the two gas stations and go up to the 3rd turn and turn right again into the parking area and it is right there. I think there is a JoAnn's bar right there also.

scubamickey:
Thanks. It turns out I waited a little too long to try to change those tickets (beyond the 24hrs) and the change fee went up to $125 per ticket. So, I'm still leaving Friday night. I'll be there for the fireworks, though, since the flight doesn't leave until midnight.

I plan to head to the airport around 10 PM. Is that too much time for a midnight flight or just right? Here in Anchorage I usually don't arrive at the airport until at most 90 mins prior. Faster security lines for those of us who are MVP Golds :wink:

Opps, I missed this one...sorry :blush:
I think 10 should be just fine. Not much traffic and I doubt that there will be much going on at the airport at that time either.

Leaving on Friday just means you will have to come back again :D

Thanks again Lisa.

Lots of great ideas to eat cheap in between dives. Any suggestions for a good Luau. I wouldn't might attending one again. The roast pig and rice is just like what we Cubans make and it was delicious. Or maybe there's a restaurant that makes good roast pig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom