Help on drysuit weight systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to the dive shop I bought the weight belt from. He said the difference between the belt and the BC pockets wouldn't affect my trim, because the are so close and centred to the body. If I did have a problem, he said I could trade it in at the same cost to get a different weight belt. So I am not too worried. I am sure it will work fine.

Also, yes...the last thing to come off in a boat dive should be the BCD. The weights should come off first. If you forget that then you deserve to sink :p Diving is not a forgiving sport!

Thanks for all the response!

Also, yes...the last thing to come off in a boat dive should be the BCD. The weights should come off first. If you forget that then you deserve to sink

Not necessarily. We frequently dive off a pontoon boat. The bc's get handed up at the bow and then you swim around to the ladder. Found out the ladder doesn't like a fully geared diver on it. Also, it can be a little harder to swim around with no weight on at all.

Back
Top Bottom