Help please guys... Who else bought their D9 from divetank??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would you have to pay extra to get a replacement from the manufacturer that has had know problems/recalls? If anything they should be sending something as a compensation. When I had my Atom replaced (less then 2 weeks), due to the short battery life issue, I got a free replacement battery kit with it - not pay more to get it back.

Seems odd?! Why is Suunto doing this?

I know your point. We are not sure who actually charged it either by Richard or by Sunnto. As you see, Nitro was also questioning about his price on D9. But, it is obvious that his price is not constant. I know Divetank is monitoring this board periodically.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=73615&highlight=Suunto+D9

Tamas:
Why would you have to pay extra to get a replacement from the manufacturer that has had know problems/recalls? If anything they should be sending something as a compensation. When I had my Atom replaced (less then 2 weeks), due to the short battery life issue, I got a free replacement battery kit with it - not pay more to get it back.

Seems odd?! Why is Suunto doing this?

Yes I had to pay extra to get a new 2005 model which i still don't have yet. I didn't want to send the unit back and recieve an upgraded 2004 version so I had to pay extra. Not to mention the cost of return shipping and have to use older computers while I wait. There is however a serious shortage of D9's worldwide the new 2005 models that is. Will give you all an update when i actually get the new model.
Cheers

What is the difference between 2004 and 2005 model? If the model is after the recall, is it a new 2005 model? Please let me know how to distinguish the model year?

Nitro:
Yes I had to pay extra to get a new 2005 model which i still don't have yet. I didn't want to send the unit back and recieve an upgraded 2004 version so I had to pay extra. Not to mention the cost of return shipping and have to use older computers while I wait. There is however a serious shortage of D9's worldwide the new 2005 models that is. Will give you all an update when i actually get the new model.
Cheers

Just FYI, I bought a post-recall Suunto D9 from Divexshop in Germany for EUR 1291, in Jan 2005. I have only three dives on it (really lousy weather this winter), but it has not given me any trouble so far. Just found the display a little difficult to read under dark, low viz conditions.

hoosier:
What is the difference between 2004 and 2005 model? If the model is after the recall, is it a new 2005 model? Please let me know how to distinguish the model year?

Check the seriel number on the side of the watch and post it up here and I'll tell you.
Cheers

Why not tell it to everyone? Isn't it in the interest of all diver to be an informed consumer? :06:

Agree..

Nitro got alll gear information he needs here and what? It is a secret information?

I am not sure he is talking about this one:
Suunto has found a software error in the first series of Suunto D9 dive computers. This affects all D9 dive computers with serial numbers 4xxxxxxxx – 450000699, software version 1.x.x – 1.2.4 including all units that have been sold prior to December 15, 2004.

hoosier:
Agree..

Nitro got alll gear information he needs here and what? It is a secret information?

I am not sure he is talking about this one:
Suunto has found a software error in the first series of Suunto D9 dive computers. This affects all D9 dive computers with serial numbers 4xxxxxxxx – 450000699, software version 1.x.x – 1.2.4 including all units that have been sold prior to December 15, 2004.

It is not a secret but you were the only one that asked so I didn't think anyone else wanted to know. Yes that is the information I was talking about. When I recieve my new model I will tell you the seriel number so you will know what to look for. It would seem that you already know anway. So no need to get defensive I just didn't have the information with me at the time

Back
Top Bottom