Help, Please ID this for me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does look a little weird. Complete crap shoot that I found it. I found a clump of them later in the dive and got zero decents shots. The picture this came from was a random reef shot. It was so so but 2 grunts got in the way. I was one click away from deleting it when I noticed the spot. Thank goodness for photoshop and its zooming capabilities.
Indeed, it is difficult to shoot flamingo tongues with camera in autofocus mode, most likely, since they don't add a lot of contrast to the image, and autofocus will lock on something else in the frame. A funny thing about these creachures is that the spots on the shell instantly dissapear, if you try to touch them.

Yeah....those are darling Flamingo Tongues. Found normally on gorgonians and other plants. How much longer you going to be here? Our weekend plans fell through for last week, so we need to find something to do before you go back! What's you plan?

Hi Sandy, we are actually driving home now. Its time but have no fear, I will be back and we can dive, dive, dive when I do. Wish I could have seen you while in FL but next time for sure.

As for the critter ID forum, I appreciate the link. I could not find the forum when I posted this. I was excited to find something in a photo that I did not know was there and had to know asap what it was. If any mod wants to move this to the appropriate place, feel free.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom