Help! Rethread DIR Harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jc2

Contributor
Reaction score
I had to buy an Aluminum backplate and lighter (separated) single tank holders to keep bag under weight limit. I've only setup the harnesss one time. When I first did it I found some good diagrams of how to setup the harness (and adjust it), how to thread the waist buckle and the tank threads properly (it's a little more tricky than one might thing.) I need to move the harness and tank straps to the new backplate setup. (I don't dive often enough to maintain two setups, but now that I am recalling it's not so easy/quick, I'll probably buy another harness setup.)

But I'm on a plane tomorrow so I just through all the parts in a bag.

It seems the old links to the GUE backplate pages are to pages that no longer exist.

Can someone please throw me a bone to some good diagrams and/or pictures showing proper backplate harnes setup and buckle and tank strap threading.

Much appreciated!

I had to buy an Aluminum backplate and lighter (separated) single tank holders to keep bag under weight limit. I've only setup the harnesss one time. When I first did it I found some good diagrams of how to setup the harness (and adjust it), how to thread the waist buckle and the tank threads properly (it's a little more tricky than one might thing.) I need to move the harness and tank straps to the new backplate setup. (I don't dive often enough to maintain two setups, but now that I am recalling it's not so easy/quick, I'll probably buy another harness setup.)

But I'm on a plane tomorrow so I just through all the parts in a bag.

It seems the old links to the GUE backplate pages are to pages that no longer exist.

Can someone please throw me a bone to some good diagrams and/or pictures showing proper backplate harnes setup and buckle and tank strap threading.

Much appreciated!

Here's a step by step guide to lacing.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/index.php?page=instructions

Tobin

Don't do a me and cut off the excess webbing when you think it's right
Now i have to have my buckle in the middle and everyone thinks i'm a nonce :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom