HELP Retrieving GoPro from lake in Orlando!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

liamnado

New
Reaction score
Posting on this scuba forum because I am not sure what else to do...

Last weekend I lost my GoPro HERO3 while jet skiing. I know the approximate location of where I lost the camera in the lake. I would like to attempt to retrieve it since I don't have the money to buy a new camera at the moment. I have researched and found GoPro users have been successful by diving in lakes to find their lost camera.

It is in Big Sand Lake, in Orlando (Dr. Phillips). The lake is about 20 feet deep. There is community access to the boat ramp/dock, and I can point out the approximate location from there.

Anyone local that can help?? I am willing to pay $100 for successful retrieval.

Thanks!

From the map, that lake is pretty big! A search and recovery type dive can be pretty difficult. What is the water clarity like, can you see the bottom anywhere or is it "ice tea"? How far from shore did you lose it? I assume the diver also has to bring their own transportation (boat, kayak or their own jet ski) to get to the area where you lost it? Is the lake "busy" with lots of boats (safety concern for the diver(s) even with a dive flag)? Whats the gator situation?

You guys are not telling the truth ... Everyone knows you just swim down take a look to find it. and then bring it up.. He even knows were it fell in the lake...10 minute dive ... tops... :wink:

Jim..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom