help! tubing for slate lanyards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

archman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey, I need to make a heap of "fancy" slate lanyards. The type with the rubber tubing in the wrist loop.

Does anyone know what diameter tubing that is? I want to make sure my lanyard cord threads inside it without too much trouble.

Take some of the lanyard you plan to use to Home Depot or Lowes and have a ball. They have all kinds of plastic, rubber, and other types of tubing. That's where I get my bungee material when needed for my projects.

1/16 inch bigger tubing inside diameter than the nylon cord's outside diameter. Tie off or tape the lanyard cord on a wire, like a coat hanger, to pull cord through the tubing. If you want it loose go 1/8 inch larger tubing size.

Good suggestion from Quarrior to take the cord with you to the store.

Tackle shops around here carry rubber surgical tubing on reels in different diameter sizes and colors for lure making.

My local hobby store stocks several sizes of silicon tubing used for model plane fuel lines. Silicon may last better than latex surgical tube.

Just a thought.:06:

KYDan

archman:
Hey, I need to make a heap of "fancy" slate lanyards. The type with the rubber tubing in the wrist loop.

Does anyone know what diameter tubing that is? I want to make sure my lanyard cord threads inside it without too much trouble.

We stock high quality laytex tubing --

TECH DIVING LIMITED -- TUBING

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm heading to Home Depot. I guess they really do have everything.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom