Help with a better algorithm.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Settings were L0 for micro bubbles, air and work set in the middle. We were planning to try it again today with work set at minimum in tandem with her React and compare her download to my Smartcom afterwards but the weather in Cozumel was poor for diving this morning. My suspicions are that it will be better with microbubble at L0 and work sensitivity set at absolute minimum.

JulesSCUBAPRO, does the work setting factor into the algorithm for NDL and why doesn't it get explained anywhere in the manual like the microbubble settings? If it is true, then she is automatically dinged since she is a "heavy breather". Also, PM me and I can upload you the data for the dives she has made with it. I can even send you a dive I made using both simultaneously for comparison. Lastly, do the Sol and Luna share the same algorithm?

You can wrestle with that computer all you want, but if you think it is not giving you the bottom time you should be getting and do not want the DCS risk reduction (if any) associated with more conservative computers then you will probably need to look at other manufacturers.

Exactly my thoughts. Will play with it 1 more day set at what appears to be it's most liberal settings and go from there.

I am pretty sure that changing the work does nothing but stop the alarm that goes off if you work hard. That appears to be the way that my Air X and Air Z worked.

I have been using a smartcom for years and agree with clownfishsydney that the workload setting will have no affect other than suppressing the alarm.

Back
Top Bottom