Help with mosquitoes!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heh, the mosquitoes out here bite through jeans, so unfortunately I don't see a lycra suit deterring them even a little bit. Although I suppose it would help me get into the wetsuit faster...

Sawyer's also makes a product that you spray on clothes and let dry that kills bugs (even ticks) on contact but is safe once dry for mammals. Caled Permethrin (Amazon.com : Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent Trigger Spray : Sports & Outdoors) - treat your lycra suit and don't get bit. Great for night dives.

Awesome! I am going to pick up one of those thermacells and some Sawyer's as well, sounds like my kind of stuff!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Yes, Lita's NoSeeUm No More is a natural bug spray that does work against mosquitoes, noseeums, gnats, chiggers, and horse flies. It has been used and proven effective in the Caribbean, Central America, USA, Africa and the South Pacific. Read more on the web site at Lita's No-See-Um No More TM Product Information You won't be disappointed. Great way to protect yourself and not use chemicals. Remember, your body absorbs what you put on your skin. Be careful.

A question for you divers who live anywhere where mosquitoes are a constant companion on your dives.

I am one of those people whose mosquito bites swell up big time (think quarter sized or larger depending on where I get bit). My husband and I are newly certified divers and we live in MN. We did a quarry dive yesterday and I was just getting mauled while putting my gear together. Normally I drench myself in the 99% deet spray since that's the only thing that will keep them off me...but I know that stuff is terrible for neoprene.

Does anyone know of a powerful mosquito repellant that won't harm our wetsuits? Homemade or store bought? Or am I basically relegated to getting my gear together ASAP so that I can escape to the 7mm safety of my wetsuit?

Any tips would be appreciated...I'll try anything, lol! I love diving and will suffer through the mosquitoes but any relief, no matter how small, would help a lot!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

---------- Post added November 1st, 2015 at 07:54 PM ----------

Try Lita's No-See-Um No More. It is a natural bug spray consisting of essential oils and does work great! It is sold in the USA but is sold to resorts worldwide. You can read more details at Lita's No-See-Um No More TM Product Information
You won't be disappointed.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom