HELP! wp dc34 external strobe question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdwho

Contributor
Reaction score
I know there are other threads talking about this subject, but I have a couple of very basic questions. For many years I used a Oly 5050 camera and Oly housing. But the camera died and I purchased a Canon G12 and WP DC34 housing. Admittedly, I didn't do my homework as much as I should, but I can't time travel back to change that. I'm leaving in a few days for Grand Cayman and finally got around to taking the housing out of the box. A couple of questions:

Can I use my Intova ISS Slave Flash with the Canon Housing? I need to upgrade, but I haven't had time to do it for this trip.
More to the point, how do I connect an external strobe to the Canon Housing? On the Oly housing, I connected the fiber optic cable to the camera with velco on a black plastic piece that fit over inside of the diffuser.

The Canon has this big honkin' diffuser and I'm not sure how or what to do with it in terms of installing the fiber optic cable.
Any and all help would be hugely appreciated.

If I do that and am using an external strobe, do I need to attach the diffuser? I'm guessing not, but figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

I use strips of duct tape over the outside of the housing to cover most of the flash but leave enough for the external fiber optic for the external strobe.

This is my DIY fiber optic cable adapter for my G10 and G12 Canon housings. It does not involve the large supplied Canon diffuser and it blocks the camera's internal strobe.

setup.jpg

LINK to instructions for making it.

Back
Top Bottom