Henderson sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NCgirl-Go for it! If you are comfortable in the water, don't let size hold you back. I am a 22 with a H/I cup size and love spending time in the water. You can do it! :D Have a blast!

If you can't find a suit that fits well, you could also consider a custom suit. :cool2:

NCgirl-Go for it! If you are comfortable in the water, don't let size hold you back. I am a 22 with a H/I cup size and love spending time in the water. You can do it! :D Have a blast!

If you can't find a suit that fits well, you could also consider a custom suit. :cool2:

Do you have a custom suit?? Which brand? My fit issues are bust size and leg length. I just bought a discounted Henderson H2 in a 3mm. The 14 was more comfortable over the girls, but bagged in the arms and legs, so again I chose the 12, and the girls are squished a bit. I've given up finding leg length.

When I go for a 5mm though, I want the darn legs long enough, and am interested in people's experiences with custom suits.

Just purchased one through Horizon Wetsuits (7mm full suit and hood with bib). They have been awesome so far!!! I expect the suit sometime end of this week, or early the next. I will let you know how it goes. I am very excited. :D

It came yesterday. It seems awesome! I am hopeful that in the water it will be as good. Went on like with NO fighting. Not sure if that is good, or bad. (Ignore the pile of towels :D :wink:)

wetsuit.jpg

Attachments

• wetsuit.jpg
    wetsuit.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 176
Swam with it last night. Whole new world of boyancy that I am going to ask about in another thread, but the fit was perfect!!! Absolutely love the suit and the customer service has been absolutely the best I have gotten anywhere in the last 10 years!!! Can't wait to order a 3mm suit for warmer water. :) Maybe then I won't float away :(

Swam with it last night. Whole new world of boyancy that I am going to ask about in another thread, but the fit was perfect!!! Absolutely love the suit and the customer service has been absolutely the best I have gotten anywhere in the last 10 years!!! Can't wait to order a 3mm suit for warmer water. :) Maybe then I won't float away :(

Did you have someone measure you at home or was it done in a shop? It fits you very well. I may have to go there as I have some...unique...proportions.

I just bought an off the rack Henderson H2. Everyone had told me not to try it as it fit "no one". Problem for many was the wrist and ankle and neck seals were too small. Guess who has tiny ankles/wrists:D Fits really nicely on me, though the legs are a tad short. So I'll probably go custom for my 5mm.

Thanks for the feedback on your suit! Sold!

Lulu- My husband (a computer tech by trade and nondiver) measured me. We printed the directions and the measurement form and followed it closely. After speaking to Horizon (Theresa and Lisa), they seem to have the best luck with people who just follow the instructions and not a tailor, but I would encourage you to call them to discuss your shape. Theresa did tell me that if the paper pattern didn't make sense or seem to be able to be made, they would have me remeasure, or may not be able to do the suit. That obviously didn't happen. I got the suit within 2 weeks of my first e-mail to them and that was with July 4th in that time. I have been really impressed at how nice they are and that they went slow and explained everything as I wasn't sure of a lot of things, or what I really wanted/needed. I have also read a lot about other custom places as well. Call around and find the people who fit your personality best, and I bet you will get a great suit too! I wouldn't hesitate to go back to Horizon and am going to have them do a 3mm suit for me for my trip to Cancun. :D

Do you have a custom suit?? Which brand? My fit issues are bust size and leg length. I just bought a discounted Henderson H2 in a 3mm. The 14 was more comfortable over the girls, but bagged in the arms and legs, so again I chose the 12, and the girls are squished a bit. I've given up finding leg length.

When I go for a 5mm though, I want the darn legs long enough, and am interested in people's experiences with custom suits.

that's odd, I have a Henderson hyperstretch (non H2) and it fits great in length and I'm 6'0. I have the W1 size though

that's odd, I have a Henderson hyperstretch (non H2) and it fits great in length and I'm 6'0. I have the W1 size though

My inseam is 36 inches. All leg. You do get more length with each size up you go. I tried a variety of sizes to see what the best formula was, and ultimately the arms and the legs were too roomy/big beyond the 12 in both the Hyperstretch and the H2. So the girls get squished a bit. What was so nice for me about the H2 was the wrist seals being smallish and the ankle seals being adjustable. NOW I know what a wetsuit is supposed to feel like in the water.

Just wish that manufacturers were making talls, in the superstretchy fabrics, beyond a 10.

GO FOR IT ladies! I'm with you on the plus side - I'm 46, 5'6", 260 lbs or so, and a typically wear a size 3X ladies, with plenty of 'girls'.

Last winter, I FINALLY decided it was time for a new wetsuit. A co-worker and I were looking through some old pictures, and I realized that the suit pre-dated her son, who is now driving! I actually grabbed DH's 2XL when he got a new one several years ago as my XL somehow had shrunk over the years :wink: .

I ended up with a 2XL mens Henderson Neosport Xspan- and was cushy and warm for our spring cruise trip to the southern Caribbean. The legs and sleeves are a little bit long, but are just right on the tightness on the forearms and shins to keep leakage down. Having a little bit of slack in the shoulders, (and vertically) gives enough breathing room for the 'girls' since it's a men's suit. It's also not restricting around the neck for the same reason.

My only problem with it is it takes a whacking lot of lead to sink it, but at least I'm warm!

Have fun!

Wendy

Oh yes... for the newer lady divers... just because we're old and fat doesn't mean we don't kick some diving a&&. This spring, in St. Kitts, DM Wendy and I were the last two in the water. Both dives. By more than 20 minutes each time. Both of us are plus-sized girls with 40 way behind us. We're already plotting for our return in December. :)

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom