Hey From Rochester NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Adam Zimmermann

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i'm a snorkeler living in Rochester Ny. I have been snorkeling for almost 30 years with most of it being in the Finger Lakes. I found this site while i was looking for places to snorkel in the Roch area. If anyone has any ideas about this please let me know. Thanks. Adam

Naw sorry lonely boy no Kodak for me. Matter of fact Kodak isn't a good place to work anymore, they declared bankruptcy and laid off 85% of their work force.

Adam

Are there good shipwrecks in the Great Lake you're near? I have heard about Great Lakes Shipwreck diving, some of which can be in reasonably shallow, accessible sites.

I have been looking real hard at shipwecks and what not and have found more up around the thousand island area nothing really near Rochester.

Adam

Are there good shipwrecks in the Great Lake you're near? I have heard about Great Lakes Shipwreck diving, some of which can be in reasonably shallow, accessible sites.

If you want wrecks, come my way!

My kid is considering Rochester Institute of Technology for college, so while I am up there for Parent's weekend I am hoping to get a few dives in.
I know there is a dive shop there, so they must have a good list of dives sites, and after they get to know you, let you in on some not-to-well-known dive sites.

OP: Try the bay, pretty tame.

My kid is considering Rochester Institute of Technology for college, ...//...
Do consider it! Real-world (as in "get a job after school") tech school. Check out the M/F ratio...

I worked (as a co-op from Drexel) at Xerox in the happy days. 70's, loved that company! Eco-aware even then. Webster plant, planetary coaters for vacuum evaporated selenium onto nickel belts for copy machine research. *sigh*

Jogged around Irondequoit Bay from Webster to Flower City Pkwy in town on the weekends to stay with fellow co-ops working at Kodak. Good old days...

Marie13 where exactly is up your way?? Francesea there is a couple of dive shops up here drop me a line if you want to know where they are. Lowviz you're right about RIT, I worked there for one summer and even in the summer it was awesome. I think it is rated as the second best Tech school right after MIT. Just as a side note i'm just getting back into this after about 25 years so all my equipment is from a sporting goods store (U.S. Divers) so I don't have the best but I just have to prove to my wife that its something that i will stick with, I kinda have a tendency to start and not finish those why i want good places to go and not just float around a beach somewheres.

Adam

Welcome to SB Adam. A great place to hang out on surface intervals. We are neighbors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom