Hey guys what are your opinions of the scubapro nighthawk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro

Reaction score
Just wanted to hear from people that have one or have used one. Or anyone that has an opinion on scubapro bc's in general. As a conventional weight intergrated rear inflation bcd for an instructor of open water students. Will it last do they fade quicker than for example a seaquest or poseidon or maybe reagle. I have it already but may buy a second to use for teaching. The problem is the dive store I work for is forcing me to wear scubapro. Anyway opinions please.

I was going to by a Seaquest Black Diamond. It was about $600 from the LDS. I looked at the SP Knighthawk, tried it on, and found one of the guys on the board was selling on. Glad I bought it. It fits like a glove! Glad I bought it. The guy I bought it off of had about 75 dives on it and it looked like brand new, and it cost me $200! I think SP stuff in general is overpriced, but I sure like the BC.

Jack

I am on my second Knighthawk. I taught out of my first one for a full season and it didn't fade nearly as much as the Seaquest Balance that I had before. The neoprene neck roll and the tank strap were really the only spots that you could easily see any fading. The Knighthawk is very durable. I also like the security of the weight system more than the Seaquest sure lock weight system.

Gillty

The now discontinued S-Tek Harness was actually the Transpac 1. The Knighthawk is not related.

That said, I dive a Knighthawk and love it. I even teach in it. Back inflate RULES!

OVER PRICED DIVING GEAR?? Huh, I never would have thought diving gear was over priced. Been diving my Hawk going on 3 seasons now and the only place its not "new" is on the neck roll and thats being picky. It fits like an old t shirt and the weight pockets are outstandingly secure. Yes,SP gear is pricey but over the years I have come to realize that it stands up and works as expected.. But thats only my opinion

Thanks alot guys that is some good info there, your opinions are apreciated.

Search->Advanced Search, keyword "knighthawk" select "Search Titles Only", restrict the search to this fourm and you'll find 19 already existing topics on the Knighthawk.

Always search before establishing a new thread.

Roak

Yeah I had a look but didn't think they answered my specific questions

Nitro seems to have a lot of questions before getting new gear right after joining in the board J

Which regs would you choose out of MK25/X650/R390 ATX 200/40 or Aqualung legend LX
http://www.scubaboard.com/t92833-which-regs-would-you-choose-out-of-mk25x650r390-atx-20040-or-aqualung-legend-lx.html

Help please guys... Who else bought their D9 from divetank??

http://www.scubaboard.com/t92064-help-please-guys-who-else-bought-their-d9-from-divetank.html

Hey guys what are your opinions of the scubapro nighthawk
http://www.scubaboard.com/t92828-hey-guys-what-are-your-opinions-of-the-scubapro-nighthawk.html

BTW, where are you? You seem to be on board after midnight. You must be in the different time zone. You never answer this question though.

I am wondering how long you have dived and how many logs you made so far?
You said you are an instructor for the open water, didn't you?

You don't have any DMs or instructors near by you.... Why don't you try to use and feel SP and Apeks gears? Based on your past expereinces in the scuba field, I think you can answer almost all your questions by yourself rather than anyone else.

If you are reluctant to use Knighthawk, you had better stick to SP Glide series (relatively cheap) It was not succeesful in U.S. market, but has a good reputation in EU. I am wearing SP Classic plus, Knighthawk, and Glide (only in the pool). I don't feel that much difference in underwater between Knighthawk and Glide. My buddy said that Knighthawk is more streamline on me though

Back
Top Bottom