Hey Lexy, your car key turned up.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Visited Laguna Sea Sports on Sunday to check out the lost key. Turns out it was an ignition/door key for what appears to be a Dodge. The key has a dark black, thick portion at the top. So, unfortunately, it wasn't my silver GM key. No problem. Thanks again Chuck.

Sorry to hear that, Lexy. I've lost keys twice while diving.

The first time was in Lover's Cove and the key belonged to my girlfriend's company truck! The next day I went back to dive for it and discovered someone had found it and placed it on the railing there. Lucky me.

The second time I was diving fairly shallow (20-30 ft) in Descanso Bay (where the Valiant rests). I lost my own company car key (had stupidly left it in my bathing suit and wasn't wearing a wetsuit). When I realized it was gone, I remembered feeling something lightly hit my thigh as I dove down on a kelp "plant." I went back the next day to look around but couldn't see the key anywhere I had been. I went back to that kelp "plant" and was looking around on the bottom when I turned me head sideways. In my line-of-sight were the keys, nicely tucked under a small rock outcrop out of sight unless you looked sideways!

I no longer have a vehicle here and now keep my house key in my bathing suit pocket UNDER a wetsuit... and a spare at home in case.

Good luck getting yours back, Lexy.

Back
Top Bottom