Hi all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buckedoff96

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi
I'm Steve, new here and new to diving. I just finished my certification in Nov. Already looking to go to Croatia or maybe Egypt this summer. I can't wait till spring so I can start logging some more dives. But for now I guess I'll have to be content with playing in the snow LOL.
Steve

Hello Steve Welcome to Scuba Board ! Hope you enjoy your time here, lot's of good info. Have fun in the snow:D

Welcome to the board and congrats on the certification!

Hi Oh I always have fun in the snow LOL Stationed over in Germany so the Alps are really close. I'm turning my girlfriend on to snowboarding. I think it's fair since she turned me on to diving. LOL

Man I would love to snowboard,but we don't get much snow in Texas:blinking:Besides I spend all my money on Scuba..wife is about to kick me out!

Where in Texas?? I was stationed in El Paso for about 3 years back when I was a new, young troop LOL 1990-1993. Now I'm in Germany. I've been here 10 years straight now and requesting to stay longer LOL. The ocean is quite a drive for us here but in about 10-12 hours driving you can be in Italy, Croatia, Greece, English chanel etc I think you get the idea LOL For now I'll be somewhat satisfied with the lakes and quarries in the area. I certified with SSI so I need 24 dives and 3 specialty courses before summer comes. My girlfriend dives and her dive buddy is an american and an instructor so well I fell into it LOL They keep making jokes about when we go on a dive vacation next year I'll have to wait at 60 ft for them. Ha no way LOL I'll get my AOD before then.
I can't go beyond that level because I'm diabetic but at least I'm allowed to dive since DAN opened it up (with some strict guidelines) for diabetic folks. Dave is a tech diver and my girlfriend is currently working on her search and rescue diving certification.
I grew up in New Hampshire and I've been checking out some of the great dive sites there. I'll be home in Feb but I don't think I'll head into the north atlantic that time of the year LOL
Oh some advice, have more than one hobby so the wife doesn't grasp the full amount you spend on toys LOL I always say "the only difference between the man and the boy is the price of the toy" Just kidding but I know how women can be about we men spending to much on our fun.

Welcome to the board!

Welcome to the Board. It's not too cold to dive around here. Congrats on your new cert.

Back
Top Bottom