Hi from Western Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi from Perth WA,

Been an avid reader of SB forums for the past 5 years and decided to take the plunge to lean in all the interesting debates and threads.

Been diving recreationally for over a decade before starting technical diving training in 2022 with ANDP. Avid sidemounter, I am diving mostly in Australia with the occasional trip to Fiji

Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the welcome. I certainly Intend to share any nice dive trips I take :)

Welcome -- I enjoyed visiting Albany and Little Beach years ago . . .

I just recently decided to switch to razor
Ok, Why the switch?
I do like the look of their travel harness though.
Razor4_Travel_Harness_front-1.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 12.09.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-24 at 12.09.47 PM.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 31
Ok, Why the switch?
I do like the look of their travel harness though.
View attachment 771436
I had all kinds of issues with the xdeep (perhaps I got a lemon)…. The first time I clipped my steel 12 to the bottom ring, it deformed it, then I was diving in the HMAS Swan and the bolt attaching the wing to the harness at the bottom came loose and fell out so I had to finish the dive with the wing flapping up and down behind me (and I always check that the bolts are tight before every dive) and finally I had an issue with the dump valve as well (it got blocked and I could dump air from it). It dampened my enthusiasm for the product which is frustrating as it seems to work for many people…. Perhaps I was unlucky.

Welcome to Scubaboard. I've some experience diving in WA, at Rottnest Island, Albany, and up north at Exmouth Pier. It's awesome there. Looking forward to hearing your diving stories and gear experiences.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom