High from NI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beldiver

Registered
Reaction score
Recently qualified as a PADI OPEN WATER DIVER
and hope to get some tips and info.

Only logged 12 dives mostly dry suit, but have
dived in cyprus on the zenobia. Bit of a change from the cold
murky water of ireland.

Hi
Glad you are diving somewhere else. It's great fun.. I rented all my wetsuits so far and since you have a dry. Give me your comment on the difference. all my instructors recommended to buy a dry than a wet.

What's the pros about it???

Bet that was a nice change of u/w scenery and temp! Maria

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

From cold murky water to Cypress! Quite a change, I imagine.

Dive safe!

Christian

sleepyhead:
Hi
Glad you are diving somewhere else. It's great fun.. I rented all my wetsuits so far and since you have a dry. Give me your comment on the difference. all my instructors recommended to buy a dry than a wet.

Most of my dry suit dives have ended up wet as the
club dry suits are not really made to measure. But when everything goes to plan its good (No standing shivering in the cold). Buoyancy isnt really a problem but can be difficult to get used to.

sleepyhead:
Hi

I think they're really cool. The cons basicly include, 1) you need more weight and 2) the rubber neck thing is uncomfortable. Personally, I hate hoods, they make mee feel like I'm suffacating, and the rubber neck sealer that keeps the water out is a little uncomfortable for me. Pros are, when you get all your dive gear off, you're still dry. You almost never get cold because there is a layer of snow-suit like clothing you wear under the drysuit to keep you warm. They're also easier than wetsuits to wash off after dives. I think, overall, they're just better.

Oh and Beldiver, Welcome to Scuba Board!!!

Cheers,
Jess

Welcome Aboard!!!

It's addictive, but who cares?!?!?

Good friends and good info. What could be better???

P.S. - If you have not already done so, please fill out your profile.

Zenobia!!

cdiver2:
Welcome to the board. Where in NI are you, I used to live in Antrim and them Millisle.
It may be cold but there is some really great diving

I live in belfast but dive a few miles away in strangford
lough. It is very cold.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom