High prices for Old Gear!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Seahunter
Thanks for the response.. The Reg does have a steering wheel type knob that has tread which reminds me of the tire tread on old military jeeps. You say they could be 50's but I think that is pushing it. I use a steel 40cf sling tank that is about the same height but a lot wider. I looks alot like my al 30 pony that I have.. I will have to see. The tanks are steel and have the round bottom like my Faber 108 and it has a platic backplate with straps attatched. I will post pics later. Thanks again.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

is the "old stuff" becoming more expensive than the new stuff???:D

And should we hang on to the new stuff until it becomes old??

Just some things to make make you go Hmmmmmmmmm

:bonk:

sounds that way butch :wink:

think about it this way, 20 years ago, you couldn't GIVE away an edsel :rolleyes:

once again I guess that is why my wife hangs on to me.......=-)

hehehe she feels that the older I get, the more valuable I will be..........

Hope she doesn't discover that some thngs lose value are they get older....like raw meat.......:confused:

Nitrox, the 'steering wheel' puts it into the late 60's or early 70's assuming the knob is original. Does this look familiar...

http://www.vintagescuba.com/al/alcaly1.html ?

The tank and back pack sounds a bit strange so the pics will help.

Boy Butch, if I'd known what was going to happen I would have never thrown out anything I had as a kid.
My bicycle which cost me $60 is now worth $1000; my electric train cost about $29 and now brings $250; my first motorcycle (1966 Ducati) cost me $750 new and is now worth up to $10,000.
Do you remember the Commodore computer that was sold at Canadian Tire? If you have one please email me privately and I'll buy it!! It's worth more than a complete new PC system.

So your wife thinks you're raw meat?! Is that a philosophical comment or based on something more concrete like the smell of your dry suit?

That's it Seahunter. Thanks. Since you have found a pic of my regulator I won't have to post that one but will still post one of the double tank setup for you to analize....

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Thanks Seahunter, for reminding me that I am now officially OLD!
I have 2 Calypso Js that my brother and I bought new in the very early 70s.
Back then before SPGs, I thought anyone who dove without a reserve was nuts. The built in J allowed you to use tanks with K valves such as rentals, and still have reserve.
Following your link I found my trusty knife, also bought new back then, that I still use on every dive. And now its called vintage.
I guess that makes me vintage too. :D
This stuff is modern compared my Dad's old gear which I still have.
I haven't had the Pirelli dry suit out in at least 20 years.
To the poster looking for a 1st stage tire inflator, you can usually find stuff like that at the OUE Scuba Swap for $20 or so.

Vintage Scuba Online. Sea Hunt, Voit, Healthways, Sportsway, Aqua Lung and More!

I think you guys have just won the award for posting in the most "vintage" thread ...this thread is from 2003.

Karl, your best bet is ebay. It's value depends on what it is and it's condition. Most single hose regs are not worth much.

That's funny. I only started reading it because it showed up on top. Didn't even look at the date. Man, I'm old. :chuckle:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom