Hiking Trails in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone have more recent information on the hike north from Senor Iguana's? Google maps looks like the road goes all the way to the lighthouse. I don't see anything called Hanan. I would love to hike to the snorkeling site there, and possibly to El Castile if this is an option. I'm up to speed on the need for water and bug spray, and feel confident I can hike the distance. Two different posts list the distance very differently, 6km vs 13km one-way. Any verification on which?

Dave, you seem to know the area well, are you still on here?
Thanks!

Dave runs Aldora Divers and lives on the island. I would trust his numbers.

Satellite images that show tracks through the jungle don't let you see what it's like on the ground - if you plan to go through that way, you might want to take a machete. You could also go the long way, along the beach.

There is a guy on Facebook who seems to be running tours to the lighthouse on the North end of Cozumel. Check out Adrian Cozumel on Facebook if you are interested in going up there.

Just a note that currently the beach of Hannan is covered in Sargasso. You can hardly even see the beach. Rather sad to say the least since this was always on the them most magical places on the island.
IMG_0010.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom