Hmmmmmmmmmm!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also remember watching the show. I'm dating myself, but so what. My younger brother and I used to laugh at how the good guys were always wearing white swim trunks and the bad guys wearing (you guessed it) black swim trunks (but then, everything on TV back then was black and white!) It was filmed mostly in the Bahamas. My first bit of scuba gear education came when a family friend pointed out that when someone's hose was cut, it was always the exhaust hose, not the intake (in reference to the old double-hose regulators).

Originally posted by Iguana Don
Ah grasshoppa (Baby)

Mike Nelson (aka Lloyd Bridges) is THE SCUBA GOD, he alone is responsible for an entire generation of Scubaholics. A television show that was aired in the 60'sby the name of "Sea Hunt", long before your time, I have read about it and some of the elders on this Board have told me about it.

Perhaps we could get the resident elder and seer to explain more about.

Walter, where are you, there is a question right up your alley?

ID

Bahamas, 84+F water, and you still need a wetsuit?

White wetsuit? I thought that was really neato!

ID

I was in a dive shop in Monterey a few weeks ago, and they had a large screen TV set up in the store playing videos of SeaHunt... it was funny to watch the star sneaking around on land near some baddie's base, and then fighting a bad guy, WITH HIS FINS ON. Talk about always ready to go diving!

I'm going by memory (albeit ancient memories), but I do remember a scene in an episode where the good guys had just swim trunks, white, no wet suits, and the bad guys had black ones. That was the one I was watching with little bro, we thought it was hilarious. I would have to order all the videos and watch every one to find it. If I had the money, I would.

Check out the website. For those times you do need one.

Lets bring back "The Man From Atlantis" too. And they can make it interactive. We the viewers get to pick the locations where he is helping people out. Then we can check out the sites and not have to pay to go there.

I'm too young to really remember "Seahunt" and "Man from Atlantis" didn't have enough gadgetry for me......but "Primus"-there was a show....doesn't anyone remember "Primus"???

I was a small child when Sea Hunt was on TV.
But I do have a Scuba Ken doll, and a GI Joe Scuba lunch box. Yes, they come on all the dive boats with me. It's the best way to meet guys.
:sunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom