Hog D1 first stage Din

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Atomics use the slightly smaller -111 version, so I'd suggest trying the -111 size and see if that helps.

I realize that axyto indicated "Viton 112" is the manufacturer specified o-ring.
Was this mentioned in the owner's manual or the official tech repair manual?
Or was this info given out by cerich (owner of HOG) here on ScubaBoard?

HOG does not come with a service manual, the info on the O-ring size was given by Cerich.

HOG does not come with a service manual, the info on the O-ring size was given by Cerich.
OK. If he says it, it must be so. :D
Thanks for the info.

I always carry at least half a dozen especially on liveaboard. If I do not loss any, someone will!!!
Well, I never said that I don't carry spares. :)

For the most part, recreational divers tend to own/use yoke regs. On several occasions, I've given away the -014 o-rings found on the face of a yoke tank valve. :idk:

I wish I had read this thread before I tried out my new D1 and lost the o-ring the first time I used it. :wink:

Anyone else with the Hog D1 regulator have issues with the o-ring coming out? The o-ring will pop out of the ring when I remove the cap or when I remove the regulator from the tank. The o-ring just looks like its just slightly too big (original as well as replacements).

I have had the problem with my Zeagle Flathead VIs, but never with the Hogs.

I've had that problem with my HOG reg's, but I chalked it up to Chicom manufacture. Kind of like putting lead based paint on toys. LOL

Jim

So what size does the manufacturer specify for the DIN o-ring on the HOG D1 first stage?
-112? -- which is the "standard" o-ring for most DIN regs
-111? -- which is the one my Apeks first stages use

Just curious.

I tried both 112 and 111 o-rings today. The 112 fits but falls out. The 111 is tight but not stretched and doesn't fall out. I tried out the 111 tonight in the pool and had no problems with it so I'm going to use the 111 for my HOG D1.

By the way, tonight I found the o-ring that fell out two days ago at the pool.

Wanna be a technical diver?

I use both 111 & 112 as it seems zeagle, apeks, whips, and din plugs can't seem to standardize on which they want to use.

with this pile I can
-rebuild zeagles & apeks with viton
-all meg rings
-all needed omniswivel rings
-hoses, quick connects, whips, cylinders & valves

Something in this pile will always fit somewhere.. If I throw this bag in my bag I know I'll have it.

PileOrings.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom