HOG DIN to yoke convertor (NOT adaptor)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would not want to use k valves for SM.

What are you using then? Both DIN and Yoke valves are usually K Valves.

The exception would be an Inline DIN valve, like what rebreathers use. Another exception would be the J Valve which is still Yoke, but the vintage guys are primarily using.

How often do you plan to swap back & forth? Torquing the fitting when changing it puts stress on the stage body which is brass. Over time, these cycles are not good for the connection. If you are set against DIN-2-Yoke adapters, you might be best suited to first stages dedicated to the specific connection (DIN or Yoke), having each.... yep, the costs of having fun......

Last edited:
What are you using then? Both DIN and Yoke valves are usually K Valves.

The exception would be an Inline DIN valve, like what rebreathers use. Another exception would be the J Valve which is still Yoke, but the vintage guys are primarily using.

My bad. at work when that was posted and not paying full attention.

How often do you plan to swap back & forth? Torquing the fitting when changing it puts stress on the stage body which is brass. Over time, these cycles are not good for the connection. If you are set against DIN-2-Yoke adapters, you might be best suited to first stages dedicated to the specific connection (DIN or Yoke), having each.... yep, the costs of having fun......

It depends on where I am. Was initially planning not to move and stay put in my hometown (Kota Kinabalu, Sabah) where there are tonnes of diving available pretty close to the city and so it'd have been worth the expense to get my own tanks with left / right DIN valves but now may need to move again. Just about every part of this region uses yokes so I suppose I'll be using that for a long time.

Thanks for shipping the convertors over to me, Jim. Just in case anyone's keen, it's a pretty painless conversion. Just use a hex key to remove the DIN connector, bung on the yoke and then find a suitable wrench to tighten the yoke down. Easy as pie! The convertors marketed specifically as 'HOG DIN to Yoke convertors' have the same exact finish as the D1 1st stages so my OCDrenaline levels were normal. And it's definitely just me but I would have preferred nicer looking knobs though. :D

sbkg.jpg

And here's how it looks like.

Dont we all preferr a nicer knob? Thats just not in the cards though, is it? :p

Shiny :D. Is it safe to assume that since you are using the optional 5th port this is on doubles? Sorry if I missed that somewhere.

Shiny :D. Is it safe to assume that since you are using the optional 5th port this is on doubles? Sorry if I missed that somewhere.

Nope, sidemount. I was silly and got a hose that was too long though because I didn't know exactly how long I'd need to reach the inflator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom