HOG Regs for pony/stage bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use my D-1's on my doubles as do many others. Using regs with turrets is quite common here. Hose routing is clean and there is no stress on the hoses with the rotating turret.

Personal preference I guess, I find the hoses tend make the turret rotate once set up, especially if you are using more than one hose in the rotating turret section of the 1st stage.

Personal preference I guess, I find the hoses tend make the turret rotate once set up, especially if you are using more than one hose in the rotating turret section of the 1st stage.

That's why you get the 5th-port version. Hose routing is then perfect.

Thanks for all the replies. I just got a D1 reg set with cold water kit from Diver's Network in Tomas Morato. The reg feels solid and the moving parts (turret, venturi lever and cracking resistance knob) turn very smoothly. I was quite amazed at the build quality of the reg for the price. It also breathes quite nicely. But the proof, as they say, is in the breathing (underwater - of course :)). I might try to breathe down my pony with this reg on my next dive before switching to my primary and see how it performs aginst my Apeks. When I asked about the service kit they said that it uses the same service kit as Apeks and that this is made by the same OEM in Italy (Termo?). Is this true? Has anyone tried using an Apeks service kit? I would also like to know if I can change the mouthpiece to an Apeks? (I like that mouthpiece with a rubber part against the palate, really helps with the dry mouth, I would try one but I'm fresh out of zip ties)

Thanks again for all the replies!

DSCN1810175.jpgDSCN1808173.jpgDSCN1809174.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom