Hole in the Wall in Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, guys! Guess what? My 100th dive is coming up, and I booked JDC (of course) to do it with. It "just so happens" that it's going to be done on a three tank dive on Sunday, April 20, that includes a(nother) dive to the "hole in the wall." Anyone want to join me?d I loved the dive the first time, and am looking forward to revisiting it.

GOODNESS! You said you dive a lot and you weren't kidding. :wink: Looking forward to this whole weekend, it's a shame we can't throw you a party on the boat to celebrate!!! Hmmm, well that does start me to thinking....

carrie :)

Definitely. in the next couple of weeks, I would like to plan a day for this.
Let me know if you want to go...
Regards,
Dan

Dan,

We're going out on the 20th to the Hole in the Wall to celebrate my 100th dive. JDC does the Hole in the Wall dives on Sunday now instead of Fridays. You are more than welcome to join us for that. Otherwise, May 4 may be a possibility if there are any openings left on the Titusville group that is chartering JDC. Either of those dates sound appealing to you?

GOODNESS! You said you dive a lot and you weren't kidding. :wink: Looking forward to this whole weekend, it's a shame we can't throw you a party on the boat to celebrate!!! Hmmm, well that does start me to thinking....

carrie :)

Carrie,

That's the beautiful thing with divers.....it's always a party.....LOL. I went out about a month ago with a buddy who was celebrating her birthday and we had a party on the boat after the last dive. On New Year's Eve we went on a night dive (last dive was at midnight), and the captain had champagne awaiting us on our last ascent (none of this was on JDC, just for the record).

Looking forward to diving with you again. You're a fantastic dive buddy and I hope we get hundreds of dives in together :lotsalove:

Sandy

I think you need to go throught the shop. Adventure_Scuba_Dive_and_Travel
They said they are only taking 15 people. They want to do Esso Bonaire wreck on the 2nd dive and I'm not sure what the 3rd dive is going to be. Good to know everyone gets together the first saturday, too bad it's friday night. If I don't blow to much money in the keys I might try to make it down in May.

Do you belong to the DUDC? They're located in the Cocoa/Palm Bay/Titusville area. They are a fantastic group of people that are very active in diving. There are 12 of us that are going on the Aqua Cat this July, and we dive in this area on a fairly regular basis (besides the first Saturday of the month, which just started).

The Esso Bonaire is a nice dive. There's actually 3 wrecks that are fairly close together on this dive, so you'll (we'll) probably see the string of them on the second dive. There are some fantastic reefs closeby, so I'm sure the third dive will be full of marine life and a great dive.

Do you belong to the DUDC? They're located in the Cocoa/Palm Bay/Titusville area. They are a fantastic group of people that are very active in diving. There are 12 of us that are going on the Aqua Cat this July, and we dive in this area on a fairly regular basis (besides the first Saturday of the month, which just started).

The Esso Bonaire is a nice dive. There's actually 3 wrecks that are fairly close together on this dive, so you'll (we'll) probably see the string of them on the second dive. There are some fantastic reefs closeby, so I'm sure the third dive will be full of marine life and a great dive.
I'm not part of any group but I'll look into DUDC. As long as I can get on one wreck I'll be happy. Last month I did a couple of drift dives and now I'm ready to get back on a wreck.

A buddy of mine and I will be in the Jupiter area from May 12-15. We'll be driving down to Key Largo on the 16. Really want to do Hole in the Wall, but don't want to be out on the water that whole day on Friday the 16th and JDC tells me that just doing the first dive isn't an option because they don't go back in to the shop between dives.

Anybody have any suggestions? Any other shops that go to hole in the wall? Or any groups that also want to do it from the 12th to the 15th and we could charter JDC together?

Also, and tops on other good dives in the Jupiter/ West Palm area would be great. Thanks!

Katy

If you want to do a 1 tank dive in West Palm, contact The Scuba Club 561-844-2466. They are a great outfit. You won't go to hole in the wall, but you will see a great reef no matter where they take you.

As for hole in the wall, I've had a couple of great dives there. Once I caught a glimpse of a tiger shark cruising through.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the dives with JDC. The Esso Bonaire isn't going to be any comparison to the Spiegel Grove, Duane, or any of the big wrecks, but it's a nice dive. I'll be passing your area (actually stopping in today to have lunch with a friend in Cocoa) on my way to my timeshare in Ormond Beach for the week. Do you know of any area around the Ormond area to do any diving?

I'm not part of any group but I'll look into DUDC. As long as I can get on one wreck I'll be happy. Last month I did a couple of drift dives and now I'm ready to get back on a wreck.

A buddy of mine and I will be in the Jupiter area from May 12-15. We'll be driving down to Key Largo on the 16. Really want to do Hole in the Wall, but don't want to be out on the water that whole day on Friday the 16th and JDC tells me that just doing the first dive isn't an option because they don't go back in to the shop between dives.

Anybody have any suggestions? Any other shops that go to hole in the wall? Or any groups that also want to do it from the 12th to the 15th and we could charter JDC together?

Also, and tops on other good dives in the Jupiter/ West Palm area would be great. Thanks!

Katy

The only other one I know that MIGHT go to the Hole in the Wall is Emerald Charters. But he's also a 3 tank boat, so you might have trouble finding someone to do just the Hole. Like Chipmon said, if you want a one tank dive, go with The Scuba Club, but you won't be going to the Hole. Another nice one tank dive is the Blue Heron Bridge (in Phil Foster Park), which is a shore dive that you do in slack high tide. You can usually get a good hour and a half on a tank of air and see lots of really cool things. For other good charters in the area besides JDC, there is the Little Deeper, Pura Vida, and Jim Abernethy's (all in West Palm Beach) that I found to be good. Good luck.

Looking forward to diving with you again. You're a fantastic dive buddy and I hope we get hundreds of dives in together

Sandy

I had a really great time diving with you as well!!! Looking forward to the 19th. (I'm trying to talk my sister into learning how to dive. We are going to have to make it look really cool for her while she's onboard. :D )

Meh. I AM glad I didn't drive down THIS weekend for diving. Yuck. Pretty dreadful. BUT, I hope your spring break is starting off well and you have a relaxing week!!

Carrie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom