Hollis DG05 low price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its probably to do with (and don't quote me on this - as I'm guessing)

The demise of VR Technology....

VR makes(made?) the DG05 (as its based on the VRx) and with VR going down the pain (via Avon) Hollis are probably shifting them pronto for replacement with their own tech computer.

I mean i have the DG02 and i the visibility of it sucks, i cant see it underwater.. For $500 that DG05 looks pretty good... Anything better for $500?

Also how reliable are the wireless tank pressure sensors?

DG05 is hard to read in ideal light conditions and not as intuitive as the other Tec computers. I know it's more money, but do it right the first time around..... go with a Petrel. That's $500 - $700 you won't get back!

Last edited:
so for $1000 thats the best of the best computer? mostly for rec and spearfishing

We've had a bunch of Rec people get them because of brightness and how user friendly it is. I've learned to never say never when it comes to diving, if you ever go Tec it would be ready for that as well. You mentioned DG05 and the Petrel blows that away.

Does the petrel support wireless preasure sensor?

No, the petrel has no wireless tank sensor.

is it really worth the $500 extra for the petrel instead of the dg05? i mean im only doing rec diving, and the only thing i hate about my dg02 is that i can see it very well under water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom