Hollis F2 - brilliant fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally left 2 set of fins after trying out many different brands and makes. I am using Hollis F2 and Scubapro Jet fins. The Hollis is the lighter version of Jet fins IMHO. They are good against current and maneuvering. I use the Hollis F2 on single tanks. For SM and other tech dives, I used Jet fins.

I personally left 2 set of fins after trying out many different brands and makes. I am using Hollis F2 and Scubapro Jet fins. The Hollis is the lighter version of Jet fins IMHO. They are good against current and maneuvering. I use the Hollis F2 on single tanks. For SM and other tech dives, I used Jet fins.

Any reason you preferred the Jets over the Hollis F1? My understanding is that Jets are heavier than F1s, so drysuit divers who need more ballast down low tend to prefer Jets. I ask because I am a big fan of the F2, if I haven't said so yet in this thread (I have in other threads), but I am going to be diving dry for the first time next year and will almost certainly need heavier fins from what I understand. Jet, F1, OMS Slipstream, Turtle ...??? I guess the only way to know is to try them. <sigh>

You might want to add the Cressi ARA EBS fins to your list. They come in a hard blade version as well.

Haven't thought of trying Cressi yet, I once looked at the Cressi Frog Plus EBS for Travel Fins, but decided not to order it.
Will give it a thought for the Cressi ARA EBS. :)

Are you my long lost twin?

Well I do sell Scuba Gear now, so I have the chance to try 'em all.. :D

Just tried Mares X-Stream, Mares Avanti Quattro+ and Apeks RK3 earlier today.
The Apeks RK3 is quite good, not very hard on legs, almost like the Hollis F2.
The 2 Mares Fin I think feels quite the same, or maybe is it just me.

So far still loving the Hollis F2, really looking forward to compare it with the Oceanic Accel.
Is there a thread that specifically discuss Hollis F2 vs Aeris/Oceanic Accel somewhere?

I use F2's when traveling, the best fin I've used that will fit easily in a carry-on. There may be other small fins as good or better, but not in my limited experience. For local dives under ordinary conditions Power Planas are what I usually reach for. A good light all purpose fin that can do everything I need it to and do it well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom