Hollis F2 - brilliant fins!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any reason you preferred the Jets over the Hollis F1? My understanding is that Jets are heavier than F1s, so drysuit divers who need more ballast down low tend to prefer Jets. I ask because I am a big fan of the F2, if I haven't said so yet in this thread (I have in other threads), but I am going to be diving dry for the first time next year and will almost certainly need heavier fins from what I understand. Jet, F1, OMS Slipstream, Turtle ...??? I guess the only way to know is to try them.
I am more used to heavier fins to balance out my SM configuration. Jet fins I had been using on most of my more demanding tech dives and they never failed me. Hollis had the same power for me but then on my balancing, it is light and tends to be positive buoyant. It can't balance me with 2 tanks in front of me. So I used it for recreational dives only.

Back
Top Bottom