Hollis Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd have to say that makes the Hollis fin definitely NOT lighter than the Jets. Bummer since I was hoping they'd be a little lighter and neutral in buoyancy. Oh well, guess I'll stick with my Jets for now.

I'd have to say that makes the Hollis fin definitely NOT lighter than the Jets. Bummer since I was hoping they'd be a little lighter and neutral in buoyancy. Oh well, guess I'll stick with my Jets for now.

Actually the Hollis weighs 3.4lbs and the Jets weigh 3.5-3.6lbs, making the Hollis lighter. So no need to stay with the Jets, get the lighter Hollis :D

Hey Nick, were you testing those weights of the fins in Salt water or Fresh??:wink:

Actually the Hollis weighs 3.4lbs and the Jets weigh 3.5-3.6lbs, making the Hollis lighter. So no need to stay with the Jets, get the lighter Hollis :D

Hey Nick, were you testing those weights of the fins in Salt water or Fresh??:wink:

what they weight out of the water doesn't matter, their buoyancy or lack of is a function of weight and displacement of water. They could weigh less than a jet fin but also displace less and be more negative in the water......:D

what they weight out of the water doesn't matter, their buoyancy or lack of is a function of weight and displacement of water. They could weigh less than a jet fin but also displace less and be more negative in the water......:D

Jetfin is .6 negative :wink:

What they weigh out of the water matters when you're flying to dive. I still want to know how they compare to Jets in buoyancy characteristics though.

I'd also love to see a picture of them side by side for comparison (and fun).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom