Hollis LED 25 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick,

Any way to tell if a Hollis LED 25 is the older or newer style?

THE NEW HOLLIS 25 watt is all aluminium now, not delrin, and looks and performs even better, new heatsink included

2037_567565293260110_1022050903_n.jpg

I had the original 25 watt, and yes some delays in QA, but so worth the wait! the LED is also bigger!!

I had the chance to use my new Hollis 25w - this thing is impressive. There are a few changes. Power cord is not as think (not that it matters), but the head seems solid. Battery runs forever and it is BRIGHT!!!!

I have to send my 15w back in to them - but i did a quick comparison with the beams and the 25W is significantly brighter at the hot spot.

Well worth it. This is a nice light.

I used it last week in a dive with ZERO ambient light and sediment everywhere (2-4 feet of vis) and the H25 really blasted through.

I had the chance to use my new Hollis 25w - this thing is impressive. There are a few changes. Power cord is not as think (not that it matters), but the head seems solid. Battery runs forever and it is BRIGHT!!!!

I have to send my 15w back in to them - but i did a quick comparison with the beams and the 25W is significantly brighter at the hot spot.

Well worth it. This is a nice light.

I used it last week in a dive with ZERO ambient light and sediment everywhere (2-4 feet of vis) and the H25 really blasted through.

Thanks for sharing. Pleased to hear you have received the light and getting some diving in. Enjoy!

I bought a Hollis LED 25 last month and put a few day and nigh ocean dives on it. I have to say I'm happy with the light. There is a decent size hot spot and area lighting around it that makes it great for night diving. I feel that this light compares well with the other LED's on the market. +1 for the battery life too. I purposely didn't charge the battery after a couple of 1 hour dives and it worked as good as it did on a full charge. I may post a pic or two that shows how it did next to some other top LED's and a few lower powered HID's

Bottom line, IMHO if you're a cave diver, wreck or frequent night diver and you want the surrounding illumination this is not a bad light.

GOPR0081.jpgGOPR0069.jpgGOPR0082.jpg Here are a few shots of the LED 25. In the middle pic you can see another light at about the 5 o'clock area. I won't name the 18w light lol

I might have to pick one up. Getting tired of waiting for the new titan scula narrow beam to come out........

Hey Spg1, we have been talking lights every time we dive man. You've seen my other light and the LED25 I just got in person. I don't know how it looks on the other end of the beam LOL Like I said, So far I'm happy with it on night dives. The beam and the cone pattern area lighting IMHO. I have some good B/U lights so I'll dive the LED 25 a few more time w/o charging it. If it's truly up to 8 hrs per charge then wow... no worries from me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom