Hollis LED 25 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ordered one just before this weekend, probably picking it up monday!

Ive had my "new style" 25W Hollis LED for almost a year now and I absolutely love it. I cant say enough good things about this light.
Awesome. Picked mine up two days ago, going to try it during this weekend!

Awesome. Picked mine up two days ago, going to try it during this weekend!
Tried mine last saturday, I was not disappointed :D Nice, bright hotspot with just enough spill for my taste and use.

Anyone have experience with Hollis service specifically in reference to their 25W LED canister? I needed service on another Hollis can light and it was atrocious. Ultimately I ended up sending the Hollis light to Light Monkey, who serviced it for me very reasonably. I still have that Hollis light, but I'll never buy another one. Light Monkey earned that business.

I had to send mine in about 4 months ago and I seem to remember it being less than 2 weeks. I was a little worried about the horror stories as well, but it was not that bad. Until the first day of diving, on the 3rd dive the switch flooded. So it had to go back, that really sucked.

But it has been fine since that last repair. I almost went with a light monkey, but ended up getting a good deal on the Hollis and liked the longer burn time.

I have been following every thread on the Hollis lights and recently got a second hand LED25. when I received it in the mail, it was more than obvious that it had been through some rough terrain. The goodman handle was really bent up and the light output was about half of what my LED15 puts out. I contacted Hollis and got a RA number and have sent it in for a repair estimate. They received the light on January 7th. I will let ya'all know how it turns out. I really hope this light works out for me since the LM one has a shorter burn time. Don't get me wrong, I think LM is great and their service has always been awesome. This is my first time dealing with Hollis customer service.

Hollis has had my light for 9 days now and I have heard nothing. They did not even bother to answer my email inquiry from yesterday. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that they are just extremely busy. They do need to improve their communications though.

Dsix36, Call Hollis and ask for Brian or Nick. Their customer service is awesome over the phone but they take forever to respond by email.

Dsix36, Call Hollis and ask for Brian or Nick. Their customer service is awesome over the phone but they take forever to respond by email.

I called them today prior to reading this post. I got impatient I guess. I spoke to a lady in customer service and she acknowleded that the received it on the 7th but the tech has not had time to get the estimate to them. The tech has it now and is currently looking at it according to her and I asked to keep me updated as to the status/progress.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom