Hollis LED3 flooded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regrettably, dive season is over up here, and it won't get another chance until next spring/summer.... now, if you would like to fund a trip somewhere warm for me......

I honestly believe the design is not optimal, and one has to be very careful to use it within very minimal limits.... it is still an "okay" light. Knowing what I know now of them, I likely wouldn't get one as there are lots of other options out there...

I wouldn't be surprised to see this one go away in terms of availability, replaced with something similar (new and improved) in their product line.

I still feel Hollis makes some pretty good stuff.

Regrettably, dive season is over up here, and it won't get another chance until next spring/summer.... now, if you would like to fund a trip somewhere warm for me......

Not sure where you are exactly.. but has all the water around you turned full solid with no hope to dig a hole through it? :)

Hi,

I would like to find out whether all you who flooded the lights repeated the incident after you have fixed the light or not? I mean, was it a once-in-a-lifetime mistake to flood it, or it happened again to you?

I sold my replacement before I got a chance to use it. Loved the torch except for that part of the design. When I got it I thought "I'll never flood this, I'll be careful..." but that's what happened so there was every chance of doing it again.

I think from a design standpoint, as a "backup" light that is kept in the "off" position the switch design makes sense in theory. In practice, as a recreational light, it doesn't work that great as evidenced here.

Back
Top Bottom