Hollis Ride BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just picked up one of these for a trip to Cozumel at the end of the month. so far the quality is great, and its very light. works well in the pool too.ill post a full review with pictures after the trip, but Hollis did a great job with this one, everything I want nothing I don't need. good build quality as well, seems durable for a travel bc and much lighter than my aluminum plate and sta.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk

I got one......I was originally looking at the ATS until they discontinued it not too long ago. If you’re looking for a solid built travel BC it’s perfect and fits the bill. However if you’re looking for a BC that’s an everyday diver....I’d suggest the HD100.
When I first got it I was amazed by the quality of the material. In my opinion it seems like many manufactures in the industry are making lighter BC’s by simply using thinner weaker material, then charging more money for them by advertising it as “travel”. For this reason I was a bit skeptical when saw the Ride at DEMA. That all changed when I felt the material and by the end of DEMA I had one on order with my LDS.
Personally I’ve turned mine into a little project, so far I’ve added integrated weights, and replaced the 2" nylon straps with the Hollis Elite harness, which added to the weight a little, and probably killed the travel aspect the ride was designed for, but it’s make it into a rig I can dive anywhere comfortably.
To be fair the ride didn’t need any of these upgrades but I was spoiled with integrated weights on other BC’s and I didn’t like the idea of using a weight belt. As for the harness.... originally I was just going to steal the shoulder pads off the Elite and put them on the Ride...but then I realized I could switch the two harnesses out and did.

Is there a big difference between the 23lbs and the 37lbs when it comes to dimensions and weight?
And just to be sure the 37lbs can be used with one or two tanks, right?

Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Gus

Gus, I have the 37lbs Ride, there is a difference in the dimensions between the 23lbs and the 37lbs, the wing flairs out more, though with the bungees you shouldn’t notice it unless you fully inflate the BC. The rest of the BC remains the same, so the only added weight is from the larger bladder.
According to the Hollis manual for the Ride you can use up to a 20L single, or 15L twin cylinders. But remember the Ride doesn’t have a hard plate so comfort might become an issue when diving doubles. This is purely an assumption on my part because I haven’t ever tried to dive the Ride with doubles. Personally I’d use my BP/W for any situation requiring doubles. What I can tell you is that the ride is extremely comfortable and balanced with a single tank.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Does anyone know if the wing on the ride can be switched out later?[/FONT]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom