Hollis Wing Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VibesAndHorizons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,
I have a Hollis Wing (LX S38) and Elite Harness 2 with steel backplate, and I'm having a little issue with the set up. I am attaching the tank with two cam bands, however the waist cam band seems to block the lower tank strap openings in the back plate.

Does anyone else use this system? I would rather not use the single tank adapter if possible. I attached a photo of the issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.14.06 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 8.14.06 PM copy.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 188
My post was wrong.
Edit: I am wrong from this video:

My post was wrong.
Edit: I am wrong from this video:

I used this video to set up my harness to the backplate. However at the end of the video you can see that the waist strap is blocking the bottom two slots for the tank straps in the backplate. The manual says I don't need to use the STA though, so there must be another way. I guess I could put the tank straps through the wing, but not the backplate, but this seems wrong.

Hollis Elite 2 Set up with Cam Bands?

"I recently bought a Hollis Elite 2 package, and I need some advice on webbing the cam bands. The top cam band goes in just fine, but I can't figure out how to put in the bottom cam band. The wast strap goes the length of the backplate and bolts in, but that blocks the slots for the lower cam band. The backplate has a set of slots in the middle, but there is no corresponding set of slots in the wing to run the camband through.

The only way I could think to do it would be to buy an STA, but since this came as a package, it seems like it should all go together without extra parts."

This thread is exactly the same problem I am having. In the photo you link to, you can see the waist band blocking the two bottom tank strap slots.

What about cutting the waistband in the middle and then useing triglides to secure the loose ends to the waistband on the same sides. Should work as long as you have 2 triglides and some scissors.

Alternativly you could try threading the waistband through the cam band slots as well

What about cutting the waistband in the middle and then useing triglides to secure the loose ends to the waistband on the same sides. Should work as long as you have 2 triglides and some scissors.

Alternativly you could try threading the waistband through the cam band slots as well

Don't think they will both fit in the slots but worth a try. The waistband does have a hole for a bolt though, which needs to be on the backside of the backplate so I am not sure if that will work. It seems like it's a design flaw since the manual says a tank adapter is not necessary. I wonder if any Hollis reps are on here.

Back
Top Bottom