Hollis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lived in Sherman Oaks (101 and 405 intersection) and dated a girl in Huntington Beach (405 and 22 intersection) before moving down there. Think during that year I managed that drive in 45 minutes once. :shakehead: Hour to 1:15 is more likely, longest was about three hours ... :11:

Hollywood Divers (very good shop by the way) is past the 101/134 split another 10 minutes east of Sherman Oaks (if traffic plays along), same with the Knotts Berry Farm exit on the 22.

Usually getting past LAX is a pita, literally as you're sitting on it in traffic. Same getting up the hill to the 101. Taking the 5 to the 101 and driving though downtown usually isn't much better. :( L.A. traffic sucks.

The only upside was the old SMI shop being strategically located in Hermosa Beach, between the places I worked (West Side for most part) and lived (Huntington Beach). Lots of layovers to sit out traffic jams on the 405, always in good company, always learning something new. :D

Geez, reminds me of my old commute home. Not fun.

Thanks for the help Stephan.:wink:

Could the OP use the wing from his Ranger on a Hollis BP?

Generally most wings have grommets at 11" centers for mounting single/double tanks to various harness & backplate systems. I am however unsure whether the wing is even removeable from the harness you are describing.

Thanks,

Hi Meterman,

Going away from BC's to bp/w systems will help eliminate some of the inherent buoyancy; and the good news is that you can easily use a BP/W for everything. Using a stainless plate (-6lbs) will certainly help add weight, and we also offer optional 10lbs QLR weight pockets which are woven onto the waist webbing and secured with a stainless bookscrew. So for the warm water dives where exposure suit is less thick you can add between 0-10lbs on each side, or remove the pockets all together.

We currently offer two singles wings: S25 and S38. Both of which would be adequate for using your drysuit or wetsuit with single tanks. I personally use the S38 for all my single tank dives whether it be warm or cold water/with drysuit or wetsuit. Probably more than enough lift for most single tank applications but i prefer having the extra lift.

To fully determine whether the Elite or any of the harness systems we offer are right for you, I suggest taking the time to look at them. Where are you located??

Good to see you on here Nick.

Hi Meterman,

Good idea. Hollywood Divers are putting together their opening order currently, but until they recieve it Ray can certainly be able to show you these items also.

I will PM you with his info.

Thanks,

thanks nick
i met up with ray at new england divers and the new stuff looks great. looks like the new england divers will be ordering some hollis gear along with my stuff. thanks again.

Greetings mr Hollis

where if at all , is there a Hollis dealer in Australia, preferably in Queensland?
with regrads the harnesses, will the HTS require a backplate if i just wanna dive singles with it ?:confused:

cheers

Greetings mr Hollis

where if at all , is there a Hollis dealer in Australia, preferably in Queensland?
with regrads the harnesses, will the HTS require a backplate if i just wanna dive singles with it ?:confused:

cheers

Thanks for the questions. The HTS harness can be used with or without a backplate if one wishes. The included cam bands are woven securely into the back of the harness, which are used when diving singles. When diving doubles or using a single tank adapter, the cam bands come off and you can then add on the backplate & doubles bands or single tank adapter.

Here are images of both the HTS with and without a backplate installed:

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

For more info on Hollis dealers in the Queensland area, please contact Russell Kitt at rjk@oceanicaus.com.au.

Thanks,

Hey Nick,

My name is Bob Durant and am a new dealer of yours. Concord Dive Center in Concord NC. When do you think you will have a locate a dealer section on the website? So far the Hollis stuff is selling slowly i think if more people knew where there were more dealers located it would move more. Also what about the HD100 BC's when do you think they will be in and also the reg's. Thanks again

Bob Durant

Concord Dive Center

Back
Top Bottom