Hollywood dive movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Sharkfighters will be on the next update, looks like there is free diving any SCUBA?
sharkfighters-the-img-40220.jpg

yes, there is alittle bit. I just watched it earlier 2day on TMC

I am looking for good dramas with diving content

For example:

The Deep a classic

Fools Gold cheesy but good diving footage

Or obscure ones like these two I found at Netflix

Black Water Gold (1970), a marine biologist, a scuba diver and a historian uncover a long-hidden sunken treasure.

Mako: Jaws of Death (1976), a Vietnam vet uses his ability to talk to sharks as a weapon against his enemies.

Any recommendations?

Try the following movies:

The Abyss
The Deep
Thunderball
Lady in Cemenet
The Big blue
Sanctum
Dark Tide (Halle Berry)
The Dive (Dykket), 1989
Into the Blue

Here is one I would recommend.

Wake of the Red Witch (1949)***

John Wayne treasure hunting, wreck jumping and intrigue.

Lots of underwater scenes with octopus attacks and precarious wreck penetration.

220px-Wakeoftheredwitch.jpg

Sorry to see that Sixteen Fathoms Deep, Shark Mountain, and their ilk didn’t even get mentioned.

Sixteen Fathoms Deep from both 1934 and 1948 will be added to the next update. Lloyd Bridges is in the 1948 version, surprised we missed it.

Are you referring to the Nature episode Shark Mountain set at Cocos Is. Costa Rica? Looks like a good documentary.

Awesome movie. Lots of underwater footage with Great Whites. One of the few I've bought just to have.
Dark Tide (Halle Berry) 2012

This movie only gets two stars on IMBD, has anyone seen it and is it worth watching? Good UW footage?

Back
Top Bottom