Holy Partial pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrogen_Junky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

i just moved to the island not to long ago and i cannot find a dive shop to give me a NITROX fill without having the bottle O2 cleaned. does any one have any ideas? i love diving my big HP steel 130's but if you are diving air you are doing DECO on those bottles at any decent depth on air, DECO hangs suck because they can be pretty boring.

Regards,

Chris

Hi everyone,

i just moved to the island not to long ago and i cannot find a dive shop to give me a NITROX fill without having the bottle O2 cleaned. does any one have any ideas? i love diving my big HP steel 130's but if you are diving air you are doing DECO on those bottles at any decent depth on air, DECO hangs suck because they can be pretty boring.

Have you thought about getting your tanks O2 cleaned?

It's not very expensive (compared to everything else in SCUBA) and you'll be able to get whatever fill you want.

Terry

Any ideas? Uh ya, get your tanks O2 cleaned! Conversely, find a shop that banks nitrox, has a membrane system, or continuosly blends nitrox and you should not need to O2 clean them. But if your local shops PP fill, then you need to clean them. If you still refuse to clean them, buy a whip and a compressor and start blending your own. Just make sure your insurance policies are paid up :)

Breeze now has a membrane system and the last time I was there it looked like they were setting up a bank for 32%. As far as O2 cleaning goes, my suggestion would be to get some simple green, hot water, and your own dive company stickers printed up a la Oxyhacker.

Matt

DECO hangs suck because they can be pretty boring.

In addidtion to all the very correct answers above (except maybe the Simple Green and hot water) I would just say that learning to enjoy your stops is also an option. It's a great time to review pictures if you took them, or work on skills like me. I do stops to work on skills even when I don't have a deco obligation.

...except maybe the Simple Green and hot water
So...how do you O2 clean your tanks? bacon grease? :rofl3: People worry about this sort of stuff way too much.

Aaron's does have a membrane as well, but they will want to charge you $12 for a new O-ring.

Matt

I was going to suggest Aaron's as well, as that was my shop when I lived a block away from it :)
They get a lot of tourist dollars hence why I can see the $12 o ring comment might be true...but if you are a regular there they seem to drop the "tourist" fees down for locals.

Back
Top Bottom