Bank size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not an engineer. I don't really know how this type of thing works. However, I have heard of scuba cylinders being condemned during a new inspection because of issues with their threads. How did this thread "damage" happen, I wonder?

rx7diver
Probably someone mistaking tap marks for cracks. But manufacturing issues happen too. I would certainly check out the internals on a new (or new to me) cylinder of any size.

I am not an engineer. I don't really know how this type of thing works. However, I have heard of scuba cylinders being condemned during a new inspection because of issues with their threads. How did this thread "damage" happen, I wonder?

rx7diver
That isn't damage, It is a manufacturing defect UE is not applicable for that. It is only allowed on retest and there are several rules about what cylinders allow it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom