Home remedy for fleas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cyfluthrin (.70) and a Horticul. oil works great on any insect for turf. You may not be able to get this or spray it in your state without a pest control lic, but you should be able to find it in some premix in a Home dept or Lowes.
If you have a Lesco Diatributor Cross Check also kills fleas and their Larve, and is pretty inexpensive. Dialux is a bit more pricy but works better. If you apply any of these prducts read the application carefully,(pets/ kids) and you may also have to do a bit more frequent than the lable due to weather, and the cycle on the eggs(larve)

I second using Drs Foster and Smith...it is cheaper than the vet or at large pet stores and it is the exact same product. You do not need a vet Rx to order either.

We also spray the yard with one of the insect killers that you can attach to your hose from Home Depot...just make sure it lists fleas on it. We only do this once, maybe twice a year.

I always used the drops (advantage) and sprinkeled Borax (laundry detergent) on the carpets and yard. Solved my problems. Home remedy I learned from a "good ole boy"

Borax kills the fleas when they eat it

After 25 years of owning Australian Shepherds, I have found a product that I'm completely happy with to control fleas. I have lost three dogs to cancer, and this time I'm being very careful about what products I lather on them. I can't stand the thought of dousing them with chemicals every month, so I have gone "natural".

Here is a link to a great product:

Flea Free: Garlic Flea Prevention

I can testify that it works on my Aussie down here in South Louisiana where the fleas are prolific! Plus I have peace of mind knowing that I'm not poisoning him in the process...

Good luck!

You could dawn dish soap plain for fleas also. I wastched my other half the other night wash her dog and saw the fleas die and fall off almost imediately. But I agree with what was posted above that you will need to kill the nest of fleas so your dog is not reinfested after you clean it.

when i lived in maryland i never had a flea problem, soon as i moved to texas, fleas like crazy.....frontline and advantix both did not work!

here's what has worked for me....

1) you have to kill whatever is living in the house, bomb, spray, heavy vacuuming, etc.
2) the only commerical flea and tick product i have found to work so far is called Comfortis....it's a pill that's taken once a month and it's very new on the market.
3) 1/2 a clove of garlic per day place in food (makes the dog not taste good)
4) every few days i spray the dog with a product called "Ark Natural with Neem" (it's an all natural repellant, basically it smells like citronella)
5) bathing often (more than once per month)

Been flea free for a few months now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom