Hong Kong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slipslop

Reaction score
goodbye, im off to thailand. Thanks to all who gave me advice, i am now going to be going to bangkok, phuket and ko tao for a month. on my way back i am spending a few days in Hong Kong. are there any places where i can dive or snorkel around Hong Kong. thanks

Water Temp is only around 17C now, are you sure that you want to dive/snorkel here?
Sharp Island and Hoi Ha in Sai Kung are good places for snorkeling.
For scuba diving I am afraid that you have to join local diveshops like pro-dive, diving adventure or diving express...to some remote islands like Basalt Island and Nine-Pin Island.
Visibility here can varies from less than a metre to 10m, depends on wind speed and direction.

Hi,

You mean diving trip in Hong Kong? What is your schedule and planning?:huh:

Keep in touch

Cheer
Jason:wink:
slipslop:
goodbye, im off to thailand. Thanks to all who gave me advice, i am now going to be going to bangkok, phuket and ko tao for a month. on my way back i am spending a few days in Hong Kong. are there any places where i can dive or snorkel around Hong Kong. thanks

i'm afraid HK is not known for wonderful diving,
but the shopping is good and while you're here, you should check out a few of the dive shops!
i'm sure the stuff here is much cheaper than many places and the variety is quite large!

Hi,
Yes; Hong Kong shopping paradise.....scuba gears cheaper than outside market, too many compatitor in HK.....

Cheer
Jason

I know for one, Sea & Sea Strobes are cheaper in HK than in many countries. As for diving gear, what in particular is/are cheaper?

F/E

Jason Ooi:
Hi,
Yes; Hong Kong shopping paradise.....scuba gears cheaper than outside market, too many compatitor in HK.....

Cheer
Jason

Hi,

Scubapro and Apeks cheaper in Hong Kong, promotion from Dec till March....

Cheer

four_engines:
I know for one, Sea & Sea Strobes are cheaper in HK than in many countries. As for diving gear, what in particular is/are cheaper?

F/E

Gong hei fatt choi!

I see. I heard that in general, the wet suits are cheaper in HK. It is just wet suits or for all gear? Masks, snorkels, knives, torches, etc?

Jason Ooi:
Hi,

Scubapro and Apeks cheaper in Hong Kong, promotion from Dec till March....

Cheer

i think MOST things are cheaper here,
especially if you get quite a few things (and not stuff that's already discounted) you may be able to bagain and negociate a little for the final price.

good to know what you have in mind and the approx pricing before you start shopping so you know when you've got a bargain

fins were damn cheap last i looked, they were doing specials in some of the shops

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom