Hope you kama`aina's appreciate...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a sweet roll recipe for the dough, then make some sweet/sour pork for filling. You roll out a dinner roll sized ball of dough till it is about 8" diameter. Put filling in the middle, then fold up the sides and pinch together. The "pinched" side goes down on some waxed paper and you steam it for 20 minutes (I think... the recipe is on Maui and I'm not)

I steam them in my rice cooker as it has a steaming tray which makes it easy to do.

You can also use shredded shoyu chicken, Kalua pig, pork adobo or peperoni and tomato sauce, etc..

Aloha, Tim

P.S. One recipe I tried suggested buiquick biscuit dough ... I did not like it though :(

ahhhhh....you da man.

Hey, next time you come over, maybe you could give leesa and I some lessons? I have a big kitchen....we could have fun. I also have been using my rice cooker to steam fish!

That sounds fantastic...I like those meat pies from my years in the caribbean..we called them Pate, but they werte fried. This sounds way better. Leesa...we could give this a shot, you know? WHAT great BOAT FOOD that would be for charters! Local and all.....let me know. I bet you could even make the filling ahead and freeze it. Martha Stewart even makes pastry dough and freezes it...then lets it "rise" once thawed. I wish we had a lunch truck at the charter boats in the morning....maybe we could do gourmet cofee, Chai, Kalua Pig sandwiches! You know, the fuel dock has food everyday that they make in a crock pot...chili and stuff.

yes, lovebirds are a good thing! They are a handsome couple and it makes me happy to see strong marriages. Rick wrote a cool thing about that subject once that I was just telling itsbruce about in LA on our sail!

Hey Catherine,

My mom has a recipe for cinnamon rolls, and we're going to try (time permitting) to use that dough recipe with some shoyu chicken next week and see how it works for Manapua. I'll post the recipe if it turns out well.

I'll be back on Oahu 2x in the next couple of months, but don't know for how long yet... I'm here till Saturday, but can't get away even for diving (though today we're hoping to take the teens to the beach ... at my request.. my gills are drying up - lol)

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
Rick - I like the new pic of you and your "sweetheart" always nice to see a husband and wife who love each other :)
It helps when she softly whispers those arousing, sensuous words..."Yes, my love... you may get the ATX200."

Oh, yeah baby.... :D

BTW Tim, I was thinking that if you could make me some of that Manapua, freeze it and pack it in dry ice and ship it to me, I would really appreciate it.

clown. She must just stay married to you for comic relief.

(Tim, put me on the dry ice ship list too).

Rick Inman:
It helps when she softly whispers those arousing, sensuous words..."Yes, my love... you may get the ATX200."

Oh, yeah baby.... :D

BTW Tim, I was thinking that if you could make me some of that Manapua, freeze it and pack it in dry ice and ship it to me, I would really appreciate it.

So, if/when I get married one day I'll have to remember phrases like that... then again maybe that's why I'm not married yet :wink:

Know what ... frozen Manapua is lousy :( but if ya like I'll send a copy of the recipe for you to pass on to someone who enjoys cooking and they can steam you up a batch :D

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
...but if ya like I'll send a copy of the recipe for you to pass on to someone who enjoys cooking and they can steam you up a batch
LINK!

Rick Inman:

LOL - I wonder "who" that could be?

I gotta try the recipe first (next week) My mom is cooking for the camp I'm working at these two weeks, so we're going to try it for one of the meals next week...

But I'll plan on sending the completed version then :)

Aloha, Tim

lol...hmmm...without sounding up-ity..I make a really good Kalua Pork, schredded beef and shoyu Chicken...Cathrine, this week, after we go camera hunting - lets cook :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom