Hopping my way to full cave...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best to just buy a spare, lol.

That's the dirty secret of scooters and cave diving.

And likely will be the goal to save up to buy a second better scooter for 2025.

But even with my realistic single scooter swim out limit of 2k, that still gives me a lot of cave to explore. As not only do I have new places to go, but I can spend more time in some of the places I've been, I want to spend more time looking around the Florida room. Heck just being able to spend more time looking around on the penetration will be a bonus, instead of being focused on trying to find the most efficient route.

Spent some time trying to trim out my Blacktip with the vacuum bulkhead.

I was able to get it slightly negative and slightly nose up. I am not sure if I should error to slightly negative or slightly positive. I might try removing one or two of the 1/4oz wheel weights at the rear of the tube.

But I spent some time cruising up and down the run, going to need a bit of practice, and I definitely want a T handle. I also did a quick and dirty video to play around for Halloween.

Ran into @Trace Malinowski as I was exiting and chatted with him a bit.

Spent some time trying to trim out my Blacktip with the vacuum bulkhead.

I was able to get it slightly negative and slightly nose up. I am not sure if I should error to slightly negative or slightly positive. I might try removing one or two of the 1/4oz wheel weights at the rear of the tube.

But I spent some time cruising up and down the run, going to need a bit of practice, and I definitely want a T handle. I also did a quick and dirty video to play around for Halloween.

Ran into @Trace Malinowski as I was exiting and chatted with him a bit.
Neutral or slightly positive. You don't want it dropping to the cave floor and silting the place up

Slightly positive, also it will change with depth.

Neutral or slightly positive. You don't want it dropping to the cave floor and silting the place up

Very good point, I pulled one of the 1/4oz wheel weights out, we will see how that affects it. I will probably need to schedule another trip where scooter setup is the primary purpose.

Very good point, I pulled one of the 1/4oz wheel weights out, we will see how that affects it. I will probably need to schedule another trip where scooter setup is the primary purpose.
if it is "neutral" at the surface it will be negative for sure at 100ft. I like to make it so it floats with the nose and handle just awash on the surface.

Well I packed an unfathomable amount of gear into my little SUV and drove up to High Springs for cave DPV tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder how I got here with so much gear and how am I going to manage it in the future as I still need to get a second DPV to go further.

Well I packed an unfathomable amount of gear into my little SUV and drove up to High Springs for cave DPV tomorrow.

Sometimes I wonder how I got here with so much gear and how am I going to manage it in the future as I still need to get a second DPV to go further.
Word of advice. Don't get a significant other that cave dives as well. Two rebreathers(or doubles or sets of sm tanks). 1 stage and deco bottle each, two scooters, and all the other bs is not easy to pack. It's tetris. I have a yukon. I want to go smaller, but I can't. If we have no stages or scooters we can easily fit in my wife's tesla. Once you add scooters it f--ks the whole tetris geometry of packing the car and it's hard to go smaller than the yukon Esp. because of the dpv shrouds. They make it much harder to pack efficiently
These are tough life issues to have.

Edit: Sidenote-Little River is zero flow right now. It's a good time to swim or scooter it.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom